• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

GrillKing...Here we come. !!! ..UPDATE: And we Won!!!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well ladies..

The day is here.. The first team to compete under the The Brethren Flag is going coming out tomorrow morning. 4AM Parrothead and I are competing for the King of the Grill title at the Grillkings cookoff on Long Island, NY.. BruceSieg is also flying under our colors as a second entry.

Were competing in all 5 catagories, brisket, ribs, butts, chicken and sauce. We're stayin with our own techniques that are tried and true among us all. Rubs brines and sauces are from this group.... We be representing The Brethren!!

Todays the day guys, We see if were as good as we hope.....

Wish us luck!!!

BBQ- Brethren
Brothers in Smoke
Northeast Chapter.

GrillKing competiition----HUM------sounds familiar!
Bring home the trophy for all of us.
"We Be Rootin""
TIM

Have a great time, meet some Q people and The Very Best of Luck To Ya! Go Kick Some Ass!!!

kcquer said:
Have a great time, meet some Q people and The Very Best of Luck To Ya! Go Kick Some Ass!!!

Yea, kick some Ass for the MoFos have got your back! ;)

Have fun! Be safe, and wear shoes!

Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce :twisted:

DFLittle said:
Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce :twisted:

That is not funny.

Bring home the crown and display it proudly. I won my first Rib King crown last weekend at the Hess Lake Farms Rib Off. It was my first attempt with the Bandera. Love that Beast.

That is not funny.

Junior, you don't know me well enough to tell me what's funny! :D

You want to make a bet there's not ribs boiling on LI right now? :twisted:

The Brethren should do well -- Make those turn-in times, guys! :D

Don't forget: boil the ribs then cook them over a real hot fire with lots of Kraft sauce
Chad, Neil's right, that not funny, it's farking hilarious!!! I'm not sure I would have gone there, oh but I'm glad you did!! :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

Hey, I've survived two Bashes and a Quadaffe SCUD missle launch! I can poke fun if I want to! :D

Good luck guys!

But most of all have a great time!

P.S. I thought the Kraft remark was hilarious. Just don't tell them that. We might be able to get them as a sponsor for the cruise!

I hope all is going well. Knowing Phil, he is doing what he does best and will kick some ass!

Is there any news on the contest yet?

Tommy is out here and he wants to know.

ANYONE WHO TALKED TO PHIL OR GREG TONIGHT Read THIS

No matter what you heard ( I heard Greg crying in the background) make sure Phil and Greg post what the results are.

Phil spoke to me, on extremely low sleep, and told me what happened.

It was their first cook. A learning experience.

I promised I would'nt say how they did ( and I only knew 1 catagory anyway)

So anyone who talked to them today, lets sit back and wait for the full write up of "Our first cook!"

I can't wait for the pictures!

(I hope they remembered to take pictures)

No matter what happened, I am proud to have known a couple brothers (BBQchef33, Parrothead, RBNSWNGS, Barfly) that took the time to try

And don't think I'm slighting the Cali connection, 2Fat, Midnight, Minion, and all the other competitors here, but this was there first.

I have envy-itis

Just wish I didnt have wife-itis

POOPIE, I just hope those farkers had fun. It is definetly a learning experience. What we like in the back yard may not be what the judges are looking for.

Congrats to the brothers for gettin out there. i am lookig forward to getting out and doing it again soon.

You KNOW they had fun! Phil got to show off his Klose to some folks and cook!!

I'm sure they had a ball. Then they panicked. then they had some fun, then they rested. Then they started drinking.

Then they went to the contest....

Back