• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pony Up!

QansasjayhawQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Lawrence, Kansas - The Great American Outback
OK - I may get moderated for the second time since I started here years ago, but this caught my attention and I wanted to point it out.

Viewing Q-talk: 733 (158 members & 575 guests)

575 'guests'???

OK - if you've been viewing this forum as a guest, that's fine and all, but really . . .

This place takes real money to pay for real resources in order for it to be properly hosted. None of us members get paid for sharing our knowledge.

Please! If you've found any of the information here that the 'members' have provided to be helpful - at least make a small donation. The link is right up there in the upper right hand corner.

Plus, once you donate, you can post and be seen as a member! A contributor!

And, in case you haven't noticed, this is one of, if not THE friendliest, kindest, most helpful corners of the interwebs you are ever likely to find.

So please help out and do your part to maintain and sustain this resource we all call home.

Thank you for listening.

Pretty sure that search engine spiders - maybe the wrong term - get reported as guests. I have seen similar discussions on other forums I frequent and the moderators have said the search engine thing is what is happening.

It's not a requirement to pay anthing on this forum. Yes, you get more priviledges but it isn't a requirement. Thre majority of folk end up joining with a contribution but it is not required. Pretty cool attitude in my opinion. Everyone is welcome.

Edit: It has been invaluable to me.

It's not a requirement to pay anthing on this forum. Yes, you get more priviledges but it isn't a requirement. Thre majority of folk end up joining with a contribution but it is not required. Pretty cool attitude in my opinion. Everyone is welcome.

Edit: It has been invaluable to me.
True. True. True it is.

But - why not help out? Sure, there may be some who can't afford it. A few years ago I would have counted myself amongst them.

But if you can afford it - please - help everyone out - even those who cannot afford the subscription and at least donate a couple of bucks.

Thank you!

It is fine if someone can throw in a few bucks. But maybe the ones that can't have some really valuable unshelfish information to share on this forum. We welcome them as well. Money isn't a requirement...sharing knowledge is.

It is fine if someone can throw in a few bucks. But maybe the ones that can't have some really valuable unshelfish information to share on this forum. We welcome them as well. Money isn't a requirement...sharing knowledge is.
Well, and I guess that sums up part of my amazement.

So many people - so many 'views'. And yet - so few 'members'.

I'm not trying to generate needless revenues. I'm just saying that, if this site has saved you countless years and many hundreds of dollars of wasted meat . . .

then, if you haven't yet contributed anything towards the collective knowledge by posting . . .

maybe it's time you stepped up and at least cast a few sheckles towards the kind proprietors of the site.

As I mentioned, I believe this site does not exist for free. I believe that it costs the proprietors real money and real effort to keep this site going.

If you can, do . . . and if you cannot, then that's fine too - but please at least contribute in some way. Money or content. That's not difficult. And even if it is, that's fine too. Relax.

Thank you very much!

You're right - it doesn't exist for free. Phil spent his own money for a lot of years until we convinced him to ask for donations. It was getting REAL expensive. Hardware, software, services...thousands of dollars. Just before we threatened to ban him :mrgreen: he caved in and came up with a donation rate structure. A good one, I think. Thanks to ALL of you who donate when you can. And for those who can't - please, no guilt is levied here. Smoke on!

Arlin

What's the difference between a subscription, and a donation?

As I understand it a donation is just a one time paypal donation.

A subscription gets you perks.....see here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

I've saved SOOOO much more money than $25/year by not ruining all the meat that I learned how to smoke by poking around here. WELL worth the investment. I've met so many great people here. I've also met several in person and can truly call some of the people I've met here friends.

To put it simply.......
THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm up for renewal in a few weeks........thanks for the reminder!!!

I ponied up before I asked any questions.... I have gotten more than my money's worth in answers already too... I hope to be able to be a provider of answers in the near future...

For a little over .06 cents a day, this place can't be beat!!!! Plus, you get the beer mug and a star with your name.:thumb:

Yes I'm a luker. But I was taken aback by the way u guys help each other out. For instance thermopen disappeared and all of a sudden bro recieves thermopens by fellow bretheren, Dr barbque sends smoker to fellow brother no q,s asked. Long story short I was blown away by everyone helping for no reason other to help a brother out. And I knew then this was a site I wanted to be a part of! cant send pic dont know how advise frm me is moot cuz i dont know much. but i subscribe for that very reason! but one of these days i will post pics and hopfully will b able to add input also. long story short u guys rock!

Back