High Plains Shenanigans - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
For those that may be cornfuzed, the High Plains refers to a portion of the country at a higher elevation (it's about 4300ft MSL here in Clovis, NM) as the land climbs up toward the Rocky Mountains. It's between desert and prairie... with a bit of scrub land and few trees (except where folks have settled).

So, there I was ("Where were you?") at work when The Outlaws asked for steaks on the grill for Friday night.

Not one to back down, I brought home baby bellas and made stuffed mushrooms as a starter.

TiznC6vh.jpg

9hveigwh.jpg

kDRk59th.jpg

Hit a couple of ribeyes with Oakridge Santa Maria / Carne Crosta, then added some steamed green beans and a really nice spinach/strawberry/walnut/blue cheese salad from Mom-outlaw.

FLH2rEbh.jpg

Tonight, the Outlaws asked for some UUNI/OONI pizza... as it's been a while since I last exercised those skills.

HYMBY04h.jpg

Traditional Margherita Pie:

aFgW3jFh.jpg

eCUTPx5h.jpg

Really nice "Shroomer" Pizza a la Roosevelt Brewing Co down in Portales:
- Homemade ale braised baby bellas really make this one...

WDVw1e9h.jpg

Outlaws wanted a dessert pie with sliced apple, blue cheese, and honey. Yes, please!

HfHWZplh.jpg

gWbD6A7h.jpg

More shenanigans to come. CINCHOUSE comes home tomorrow night.

The mice will play while the cat's away!

Thin blue and kind regards.

Marc I really look forward to your High Plains Shenanigans, everything looks amazing, thanks to the outlaws for the motivation.

For those that may be cornfuzed, the High Plains refers to a portion of the country at a higher elevation (it's about 4300ft MSL here in Clovis, NM) as the land climbs up toward the Rocky Mountains. It's between desert and prairie... with a bit of scrub land and few trees (except where folks have settled).

That food looks EXCELLENT and i will take a slice of those pies any day of the week. I spent a few years in Portales and learned about the area. I only knew of one of the landmarks by its old and disgusting nickname, but it is a crazy story. Between that and Blackdom there is some cool history in this barren part of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier_tragedy_of_1877

Great looking spread Marc, maybe pass on desert, but I would hammer that Salad.
For a long time my Wife added Strawberrys to ours

... I would hammer that Salad.
For a long time my Wife added Strawberrys to ours

Cheers, Titch.

I'm not a sweets guy. That said, the greens with the blue and the fruit really offset the "heavy" hand of the parmesan on the Shroomer. (That's my own heavy hand, thank you).

That said, we're also a huge fan of raspberries or blackberries on the front (Heck, yes!).

YUM You definitely have not lost your skills
What do you stuff your mushrooms with I take the large bellas marinade in balsamic and EVOO cook on the grill and place tomato and cheese in the cap- soooo good

Back