Should I pull the trigger

Demmo

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I am considering ordering a Big Poppa drum kit today. Can anyone tell me of anything else I might need or should consider before I do this?

Thanks.

I am working on getting a drum this week. I am having a problem finding one close to the Frederick, MD area, but I have found some about an hour or so away.

Talk to Chris AKA Big Ugly with 3 EYZ. He loves the kit and says it even comes with the drill bit No welding I saw one he made looked great I believe Chris lives in MD may know of drums

Looks like a nice kit. For about $100 more you could order the pit barrel cooker, no drum or assembly required, free shipping. I think if you want to build one yourself, it's a great kit.

Looks like a nice kit. For about $100 more you could order the pit barrel cooker, no drum or assembly required, free shipping. I think if you want to build one yourself, it's a great kit.

That is a nice looking cooker but is a bit smaller since it is a 30 gallon drum not a 55.

Yes get it, it's a great cooker and easy to put together just watch the video they have.

One suggestion is to put expanded metal on the bottom of the basket to catch smaller pieces of charcoal.

The adjustable basket is the best feature of this cooker.

I am working on getting a drum this week. I am having a problem finding one close to the Frederick, MD area, but I have found some about an hour or so away.

I'm in Northern VA and looking to build a barrel as well. If you have a source of barrel in VA/MD please share. Thanks.

BTW, I think the kit is the way to go. I have seen a few builds using it and the people love that it has everything and is easy to use.

Well I got home from work tonight and my wife informed me she did not want a 55 gallon drum sitting around outside and she told me to get the Weber Smokey Mountain instead. So thank you for all the advice but it looks like I am getting a WSM now.

Va_connoisseur I found two people in Virgina on Craigslist with food grade drums.

This one
http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/grd/4052720768.html

The other listing I can not find now if I do I will pass it on.

Back