Michigan brothers..Looking for a drum...

toadhunter911

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Calling out to any of my Michigan/Detroit area brethren. I'm going to take the plunge and build a UDS. Having trouble locating the right drum(s). Anyone have a good source?

Look on Craigslist in the Detroit area. I found one there in the Clarston area for $30. He still has a post. The drums are great. No liner! Just a rust inhibitor that burns out easy.

I got 1 drum left that fits a Weber lid perfectly. $30. You can get it at the restaurant if you'd like. Let me know.

[quoteCORNDAWG;2478769]post says "55 Gallon Steel Barrel / Drums with locking Lids - $35 (Clarkston)"[/quote]

Since I need to build 2, I'll check this out too. Thanks.

If you don't mind a little drive, ohiobarrel.com has food grade barrels in Lina, OH for $15 each. Don't know about the liner situation or quality. I'm still gathering money for the rest of the parts, and trolling CL for a 22.5 kettle grill for parts.

If you don't mind a little drive, ohiobarrel.com has food grade barrels in Lina, OH for $15 each. Don't know about the liner situation or quality. I'm still gathering money for the rest of the parts, and trolling CL for a 22.5 kettle grill for parts.

Where is Lina? I'll be driving to Ft. Wayne, IN next weekend.

Lima. Sorry for the typo. It's on I-75, just south of US30. US30 goes into Ft. Wayne.

MaxiContainer on Middlebelt in Romulus sells 55 gal barrels. I've bought used barrels with a liner for ~$27, and new unlined barrels for ~$65.

I've seen the CL ad for the guy in Clarkston; if I lived closer to him I'd check those out, but Romulus was closer.

Craigslist flint area did have an ad for food grade barrels a couple days ago.

Back