WOW...Just Wow! (Brag Warning)

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The backstory:

I was elected to cook for our office Christmas Party held today. I'm in Corporate Logistics, but I have an office at a depot where 20 hard working Bread Route Salespersons work, (Plus 2 Supervisors).

Since I'm on vacation, I thought today would be the best day to get the party taken care of by doing an overnight cook. I que'd 2 large briskets and 4 butts. I decided against sausages as originally planned because I already had 50 pounds of meat cooking, along with 13 pounds of potato salad.

Just fyi...I'm known for making waaayy too much food whenever I cook for home get togethers. I basically take what I think we will need, and double it. :crazy:

50 pounds of pre cooked meat is a lotta meat, even with the shrink. The cooked meat filled up our ice chest top to bottom, side to side.

The story:
So, I get to the depot and start pulling the pork and slicing the brisket. The guys roll in and can smell the food all the way out by where they park their trucks. They walk into the office and are estatic to see platters of pulled pork, sliced brisket, and potato salad.

Then it got interesting...they kept coming back, and coming back, and coming back. Guys saying, they are full, but they can't stop eating. A couple of the guys ate 4 sandwiches each..... on large 6 inch french rolls (If I'm lying, I'm dying)!

Lots of great comments I won't even get into...I've NEVER seen a group eat like this before.

By the time everyone was done, there was 1 small plate of pulled pork scraps left (Probably a pound of meat total)...Nothing else!

Guys are planning on finishing that for breakfast, tomorrow morning, 4am.

WOW!...Just Wow!

That is as good a compliment as you can get. Great job. The proof is in the pork of lack there of.

Great job! It's fun when folks like what you're cookin' isn't it? :becky: :thumb:

You done good. They will be asking for more soon. Sounds like your cooking has been validated in a big way.

Beats the heck outta truck stop food! Seriously - it sounds like you did a great job & these guys appreciated it :thumb:.

That is way cool! Happy people and good feedback help ya go to sleep with a smile. Works for me!
Very nice.

Way to go! I have to agree that the best food compliment is to have them keep coming back for more.
That's how I tell if my wife really like what I've cooked. She is the one who normally never has seconds, but when she does come back for more, I know I've done it right.

That is how I judge if people like. If I don't have any leftovers, I know I did something right. Great job.
I bet you get the gig next year.

It's always great to have your efforts pay off brother! Good job! :clap:

Your cook was a success. Congrats! We have an opening in my department :)

Congrats, sounds like your cooking was a hit with the route drivers/ salesmen. What a great compliment to your cooking skills. Well done!

Back