Jack Daniels Wood Chips

D

ddog27

I was at Super Walmart a few days ago and I saw they had a bag of Jack Daniels Wood chips. I have heard of the Jack Daniels smoking pellets but this was the first time I have seen Jack Daniels wood chips. I think I am going to pick up a bag. It says on the bag that it gives meat a sweet flavor. Sounds good with ribs or butts. Has any one used this before? Does it give the meat a good flavor?

I use the JD chips when I grill. I have a small cast iron pan on the hot side of the grill and don't put the meat on until right when they start to smoke. I cook the meat on the cool side of the grill and by the time it gets done, the smoke from the chips has given the meat a nice flavor. Best on beef or pork - so so on poultry. Awesome with scallops wrapped in bacon on the grill!!!

I have used them as smoking chips when I grill. The are rather mild in flavor.

Same here, I use them primarily when I grill. I really like to use them with steak. An un-beatlable combo.

Aren't those the oak chips, made from thier old barrels? I have never used them, but they sound good. I would use them like I use oak. Let us know how it turns out.

I've used the pellets too but never seen the chips. If it's from JD it has to be good.

I have used the chips for a while. They're readily available at the Kroger supermarket here in Murfreesboro, Tn. Their headquarters is less than an hour drive for me. I like using them with some apple mixed in. This is oak wood, and when you open the bag, take a whiff. you can smell the booze.

I know a guy who uses those in some batches of beer.
Yummy!

Those are the chips made from the barrels. I use the barrels. I get the slats from a friend who sells the JD product line and has barrels he uses for display purposes. The slats whenheated have a very stronfg smell of jack. :) You can use the pellets and chips in smokers also by putting them in a foil pouch and put them near the fire, not on the coals, but close to them.

Back