Hit me with your best stuffed pork loin recipe.....please

Not loin but tenderloin. I called it tri pig. Brined pork tenderloin,stuffed withpork sausage,wrapped in bacon then dry rubbed and smoked to 147 internal then glazed with something sweet with a touch of heat. I used a jalapeno/corncob jelly.
weber4sale010.jpg

Here is mine from a throwdown in March. A pork loin, stuffed with spinach, feta cheese and herbs.

I started by cutting the pork loin to lay flat.

picture.php

Then I mixed up a couple cups of chopped fresh spinach, some fresh oregano and rosemary from my garden, about 2/3 cup of crumbled feta, a handfull of breadcrumbs, a little EVOO -- maybe a tablespoon -- and an egg. This mixture is actually a combination of about four recipes I found on the internet. None called for oregano, but I have a bumper crop of the stuff, and I like oregano.

I spread it on the flat pork (forgot to shoot that), and rolled it up.

picture.php

Then I tied it up.

picture.php

Then, onto the redhead, indirect, with a couple apple wood chunks. I cooked it to an internal of 150, then pulled it an rested it.

picture.php

And here's the money shot...

picture.php

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Havent tried this, but I got a loin I want to flatten out, stuff with sausage and cheese of some sort, wrap the whole works in bacon. Bacon done curing this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

Use a long strait knife to cut all the way through the center of the length of the loin. Slide an andouille sausage into the slit. Wrap it in some Jimmy Dean Maple sausage, or make your own. Throw a bacon weave on it and smoke it.

food037.jpg

You can take a look at this gallery of a cook I did a few years ago. Stuffed one with spinach, Italian sausage, pancetta, cheese, and rubbed with a rosemary and garlic seasoning. If you start on page 3 and work backwards you can see the process from start to finish. I've done it a few times and the crowd always goes gaga for it.

http://hurley-family.smugmug.com/Other/2009-Christmas-Party/10539415_r9Gxpj

My favorite stuffing so far is jalapeno boudain and wrapped with a bacon weave (thinnest cut available).
ajabuve5.jpg

Flatten it out, spread cream cheese on it, then jalapeño slices and then some bacon. Roll it up, rub it down and tie it up. Put it on the pit, at 300, for an hour and a half, wrap it and put it on for another hour and a half. Pull it off and open the foil for half an hour. Slice and serve. Melt in your mouth goodness.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355005175.315259.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355005198.033623.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355005221.887148.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355005260.917330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too cut my pork loin so that I can lay it flat only to be rolled up later. As for stuffing?

I make/or buy cornbread and crumble it up. I then sauté onions celery and carrots with some salt and pepper. Once these start to soften up I add chopped dried dates and cranberries. After a few minutes of sautéing I add some chicken stock and let it reduce. I the. Add my crumbled cornbread and mix it all together. I usually make my stuffing in advance and allow it to cool completely before I stuff my pork loin.

Spread stuffing onto pork loin as evenly as possible and roll up. I try to keep the fat part of the loin up top. I then wrap in bacon an sprinkle with my favorite dry rub. Smoke till temp hits 150.

Back