Pig Honey ??

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
In the photo below, you can see a shiny liquid beginning to form on the top of the ribs, this is the start of the weeping of what some of us know as pig honey.
PC250621.jpg

Shortly after this, these was a formation of the bubbly yellowish foam and profuse weeping of the liquid. You can see some on the foil below already. I think ribs with a lot of pig honey makes for the best ribs.

My question, what do you suppose pig honey is made of?

No clue what pig honey was made of. I clicked on this thread hoping for recipes and pron of bacon-infused honey. :p

Sorry, but, the reason for this thread is that I want to make pig honey in larger quantities to use as a sauce. Yes, manufactured pig honey sauce. Bacon might be a good start. I got plans...

It's made with love. Only the pigs with the most love weep the most pig honey.

Maybe a stupid question but does pig honey also drip from porkneck?
During my last porkneck cook I thought I spotted pighoney when I looked at it after about 12 hours.

It's made with love. Only the pigs with the most love weep the most pig honey.

I hear the worker pigs make the most honey.
You two farkers are gonna be sorry once I get this figured out and I start posting shots of glorious shiny ribs dripping with sweet, sticky, porky, pig honey sauce.

Currently, I figure there is fat rendered to liquid sugars, proteins and rub, there might be more though right?

I hear the worker pigs make the most honey.
Only if there's a queen pig around. Without her the workers just sit around watching reruns of Seinfeld. That's the secret to pig honey...you gotta hire in a queen to crack the whip. :drama:

I was not talking about you Phu, actually i think you are right that it is the same as from a pork neck.

I was not talking about you Phu, actually i think you are right that it is the same as from a pork neck.

...I knew that Onii-Chan. ;)

In the almost under right corner you can see a thick layer of "transparant something".
Don't know if it's the definition of pig honey but I do know when I see it on ribs.

IMG_3282.jpg

Back