Bacon Bagna Cauda Pasta

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Creamy mushroom garlic sauce with pepper bacon over linguine. Tasty! How does it look to you?

IMG_20140707_203401.jpg

Because we're the Brethren. That's why!

It's nice but Bagna cauda is made with anchovies and not with bacon... ;)

Oh the anchovies are in there. This is the Brethren Bagna Cauda Recipe with bacon added.

Ah, ok... Don't take that a rebuke. Not knowing the recipe i didn't know that you put the anchovies :D still good dish

It really looks interesting, but is it Q?

I guarantee that bacon was smoked. Sounds like Q to me.

Way to sneak in those veggies, it looks like pretty dang tasty health food to me. :thumb:

It really looks interesting, but is it Q?

It doesn't have to be Q. We're all interested in cooking of all forms.

Mista, that looks and sounds great!

Can you please post the recipe for folks who are not familiar with the Brethren Bagna Cauda recipe?

Here ya go!

This is a recipe from Parrothead. Copy this down and make it. You will thank me and Parrot head.

1 lb. melted butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup)
1 tube anchovy paste or 1 can of anchovies
1/2 cup minced garlic
1 pint heavy cream

Add all ingredients except the cream to a pot of medium heat. Stir until blended well. (Warning: at this stage it will look terrible. Like hot cottage cheese. Don't panic. You are on the right track.) Some butter will never blend. Add heavy cream. This will smooth it out. Mix well to desired thickness.

Serve with crusty Italian Bread, Cabbage leaves, cheese cubed, meat cubed or anything else you think might go with it.

Eat well.

Q or not, that's one fine looking dish, and thanks for the recipe. Were having that for dinner one night this week!

Here ya go!

This is a recipe from Parrothead. Copy this down and make it. You will thank me and Parrot head.

1 lb. melted butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup)
1 tube anchovy paste or 1 can of anchovies
1/2 cup minced garlic
1 pint heavy cream

Add all ingredients except the cream to a pot of medium heat. Stir until blended well. (Warning: at this stage it will look terrible. Like hot cottage cheese. Don't panic. You are on the right track.) Some butter will never blend. Add heavy cream. This will smooth it out. Mix well to desired thickness.

Serve with crusty Italian Bread, Cabbage leaves, cheese cubed, meat cubed or anything else you think might go with it.

Eat well.

Thanks, Mista!

Brothers and Sisters... This is some seriously addicting stuff!

I can feel my arteries closing.....but dangitall, I'd hit it hard!!!

Back