MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh
Default Skillet Tenders and D.O. potato chips (pics)

Hello Brethren,

Well the smoke from California's biggest wildfire is supposed to settle back on our mountain over night after a week long break. So, I thought I would get a little more outdoor cooking in tonight before the smoke gets too heavy to do much. We cut timber all day, each day on the fire break in the smoke. So I feel like cooking some smokeless dinners these day. Never thought I would say that!

Anyway, Sliced up some boneless, skinless, chicken breast tonight. rolled them in egg, covered with some pancake mix with salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne. Then fried them up in the skillet out on the deck. Next to the chicken I sliced up some red potatoes and fried them up in some oil in the DO. I added some seasoning to the potatoes that we have had in the cupboard forever. Rolled the chicken in some Frank's at the very end.

dod1.jpg

dod2.jpg

dod3.jpg

dod4.jpg

dod5.jpg

dod6.jpg

dod7.jpg

dod8.jpg

dod9.jpg

dod10.jpg

dod11.jpg

The chicken tasted great and was very moist. And I'm still snacking on the chips.

24"x48" Custom Offset, 22" Weber Kettle , Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.
Instagram @lumberjacksmokestack
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIa...0Zcup0pvXobQlQ

Last edited by Smoke on Badger Mountain; 09-10-2015 at 12:05 AM..
Smoke on Badger Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I'd hit that hard.... my kind of finger food. Looks delicious Josh!

Those wild fires are horrific. I'd send any extra rain your way if it were possible.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-10-2015, 04:37 AM   #3
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Now that looks like some real good chicken. It's got to be crisp to be done right.
You done it right and in cast iron, no better flavor

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2015, 04:57 AM   #4
blockhd
Knows what a fatty is.

That looks fantastalicious :) Hey, can you tell me about pancake mix, that you rolled your chicken in? Thanks .)

Old 09-10-2015, 06:05 AM   #5
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm hungry...
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #6
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhd View Post
That looks fantastalicious :) Hey, can you tell me about pancake mix, that you rolled your chicken in? Thanks .)
It was just a couple cups of Krusteaz with maybe a tbs of black pepper and salt with probably a tsp of cayenne and about a half tsp of granulated garlic. mixed all that up. covered the chicken in egg and then rolled the chicken in the mix just before putting it into the skillet. Hope that helps.

24"x48" Custom Offset, 22" Weber Kettle , Camp Chef 2 burner w/ griddle. One very ugly drum, Nice drum coming soon.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #7
cheez59

That is the only way I really like white meat chicken. Nice job there. Tater chips look to be some count too.
Lone Star Grillz mini insulated cabinet.Lonestar Grillz 20x42 offset. Broil King Baron Gasser, Vortex and Slow & Sear Plus, Weber 26" Original Premium, Weber Smoky Joe, Cajun Fryer 8-1/2 & 4 Gallon, The Big Easy oil-less fryer, BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud, BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2, Thermoworks Smoke, Maverick XR-50
cheez59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #8
BurntOffering
On the road to being a farker

Noticed the nail polish on the first picture. Is that the lovely wife or do you have something to tell the brethren?

Home made brick and electric smokers. Yellow Thermopen. Drawer full of BBQ impulse buys.:crazy:

Snarky Curmudgeon
BurntOffering is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #9
Smoke on Badger Mountain
Babbling Farker

A little help from the Mrs. Is always nice. So yes. Those are her hands in the photo. She does not cook, but she does a fine job with prep. Everything I need to start cooking is usually out and ready when I get home after work.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
Diesel Dave

Glad it wasn't yours lol

And it's nice to have good help prepping with you

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #11
BIL'S BBQ
Got Wood.

man that chicken looks good! and im doing those chips during my next camping trip.

my wife's cousin is a forest service firefighter, she flys into fight these multiple times a year... i think shes been to cali two or three times this year. stay safe out there!

Tags
chicken, dutch oven, Fried, Fried Chicken, potato chips, potatoes, skillet