The one here in bethlehem PA is great. Never even ask for your kcbs card.

I actually lost mine with my wallet and have to get another one. I need to call the society about it.

So if you're ever near Bethlehem it may be worth the stop off before going home. Very nice people there.

Good to know! I thought about joining and this would be the closest

That's terrible but I'm glad they got it sorted out. The RDs here in the Baltimore/DC area have been awesome. I go to the Cap. Heights location so often they just printed me out a permanent card :becky::thumb: so now I just walk in, scan, and shop.

Rd

That's terrible but I'm glad they got it sorted out. The RDs here in the Baltimore/DC area have been awesome. I go to the Cap. Heights location so often they just printed me out a permanent card :becky::thumb: so now I just walk in, scan, and shop.

Same here with me in North Jersey..Showed my KCBS card and got a RD card.
Spoke with the manager first.
DanB

RD in Nashville is saying same thing about the KCBS account number. Says it's a closed account. He let me in today, but was going to look into it. Anyone contacted KCBS about this?

The last time I tried to go in to the one in L.A. - about a month ago - was the most difficult. I usually slide right in, but the woman at the front said the account was closed. I went to speak with the manager & she also said the account was closed, but I could come in anyway - most likely 'cause of my looks and charm - or, more likely, despite that...

Anyway, the woman at the desk was looking right at the screen & following the directions on the coupon from the KCBS website and it said the account was closed. There is occasionally a small amount of confusion that gets cleared up quickly, but this was not that by a long shot.

On of ours in the area has actually gone public. Not sure about the other

I don't even show them my KCBS card anymore, just walk up to the counter and ask for a day pass. Never a problem.

Go to the restaurant depot in Birmingham al.. walk in get a cart shop and leave...you need nothing. If u want to be tax exempt you need a business license other than that they could care less.. all money is green to them...
A friend who runs a BBQ biz in ATL gave me a RD card with his company name on it. I scan when I go in, pay sales tax at checkout and charge it to my credit card. Birmingham AL store lacks some of the extras that are available in ATL but the 40 lb boxes of chicken breast, tenders, and boneless thighs keep my boys fed for a lot less! Damn deserts are good too! I believe there is a banner outside the store hanging that reads No Membership Required. Gotta bring a coat to stay warm:grin:

I just noticed this when I was reading this thread. There was a post on page 1 with and account number and I compared that to the one I had saved on my PC. They are different so I would imagine at some point the account was closed and they updated it on the KCBS with the new account.

The one near me is pretty good about not needing a membership too. They do charge tax and don't allow returns though without a membership...

the pass to restaurant depot is a big reason i am a kcbs member. hope this isn't a long term problem.

I just went to the RD in Hartford on Sunday, asked for a KCBS day pass, the nice lady looked in her computer and "Which KCBS account?" I said that there should be a national account, she said "eh, doesn't really matter" and handed me the pass. Didn't even ask to see my KCBS card.

I have never been and have one locally. Do you know if they sell Prime cuts of beef?

I have used the one in Richmond for several years now and I wrote the RD account number on my card for any of the clerks that aren't familiar with KCBS.......no problems so far.

Mike, I don't ever have any problem either, might be because when they first opened I some how got a "KCBS" account set up. I now have an RD card for KCBS.

Just visited the one in Alexandria VA and they were knowledgable about the KCBS pass and just ask for my membership card. Took about 30 seconds for them to give me a pass with a number and I was in without issue.

They had a decent selection and prices were better then costco on some cuts. Others they were the same. Costco here only sells flats...RD is the only reasonable place for full packers in the area.

Prefer the ribs from costco, and boneless butts as well. But RD has bone in butts and tritip...something costco here doesn't carry.

Frozen seafood is definitely cheaper here at RD.

Back