Contest Announcment Calling Iowa Teams and Judges

BBQ_Mayor

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Okay, you don't need to be an Iowa team or judge.

The 72 crew is putting together an educational o[FONT=&quot]pportunity[/FONT] for you to test or hone those bbq skills. Costs? FREE! Other than your normal expenses of meats, greens and or site.

It's limited to 12 teams and we are around half full already. So hurry.

We held this last year for 7 teams and it was very well received. Any of you brethren who were there, please feel free to post your comments and experience.

Follow this link for information and a link to sign up.

http://frostbusterbbq.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you there.

Ray
Teams Smokehouse 72

This is such a great opportunity. Unfortunately, I have a new member class at my church on that weekend. I'm going to have to miss it. I know I'll regret missing as I would love to have some ideas about what I'm missing in my comp BBQ.

I will check my schedule tomorrow,this sounds great.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I had so much fun last year that I've gotta come back! I'll be there Friday afternoon & staying overnight. :-D
The way that we did this last year (7 teams, 7 judges, chicky & ribs only) was that the judges were encouraged to wander around & ask the cooks any questions that we wanted to. At about 11 am we were called in for our "judges meeting" while the cooks did up their boxes & got ready for turn in.
After the judging was over each team came into the judging "tent" and each judge read off their scores & why they scored that way. The teams were able to ask the judges any questions that they wanted.
I think that it was very good for the judges to have to defend the scores that they gave and get the feedback / questions from the cooks. The cooks got some answers to the question: "What was that farking judge thinking?" And they asked what they, as cooks, could do to get better scores.
I really think that there should be more of this type of "comp" going on. It's a plus for cooks and judges.

I'd like to join in, but just too much going on for me right now.

man just looked at the date bud im signed up for osage city ill try next year guys

Back