MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #3361
SmokinKnight
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Stephen

Stumbled upon this thread shortly after joining and took several days of almost constant reading to get to this last page but it was nothing short of inspirational and also provided me with a picture of the good, bad, and ugly that comes with owning a restaurant. Having many years of restaurant experience almost exclusively in the FOH I had a pretty realistic picture of what it would be like but there were definitely things in this thread that were brought to my attention that I did not think about. I have wanted to venture into the entrepreneurial world for years now and have dabbled with the idea of being a restaurateur. This thread has given me a lot to think about in terms of if that is really the direction I want to go. I want to thank Jeremy so much for taking the time to share this whole experience with us and would definitely echo what others have been saying - write a book! Anyone thinking about starting a restaurant should read through your experience first IMO. I am all the way down in South Carolina so will not be up to visit anytime soon but if I am ever up that way I will be sure to stop on in. Wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing where this takes you!
SmokinKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #3362
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Ready for a new plot twist? We had to close the restaurant this week, temporarily at least, because I have covid. I damn near wound up in the hospital Monday night.

Seriously, 2020 can kiss my ass.

Worst part of it is not having taste or smell. My entire life revolves around tasting things. If this doesn’t come back I don’t know what I’ll do. To be honest I’m kind of scared.
Jeremy, if you can, an update on how you are doing? Hoping things have gotten better, but I know this thing can linger.

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #3363
Bucksend
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : ADAM

Just pointing out this thread is up to page 225, a good number for a smoking thread!

Really hope your doing ok through all this Jeremy!

And best wishes to everyone else! (Sorry if the notification for this got you excited!)
Bucksend is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #3364
michiana mark
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Mark

Just seen a commercial on a South Bend TV station, that The Prized Pig is open again. Congrats Jeremy on surviving, and hope you have continued success.

Weber Silver 22.5X2, UDSx2
KCBS-CBJ #16571, Member GLBBQA
Roadmaster BBQ comp team
Proud member of the Blue Thermapen Association
Certified MOINKballer Class of 2008
michiana mark is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-13-2022, 07:02 PM   #3365
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Since we're bumping threads, I had to give this one a bump. For one reason, the pickle recipe. I'll save you from having to go through 225 pages to find it, it's post 545.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...&postcount=545

When you make it, be careful of the salt content, Jeremy uses Diamond Crystal, so if you happen to use Morton, it'll be WAAAYY too salty unless you adjust.

Good Stuff!

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.