Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 1st Annual Scottsdale, AZ BBQ Cook-off - April 9th and 10th

Crash

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This KCBS Official State Championship event is already up to 35 teams with a lot more room for additional teams. Prize fund is up to 20K and it looks like there are some pretty sweet sponsors as well, including Basha's, Viking, Toby Keith's Bar and Grill, Four Peaks Brewery and Jack Daniels. Additionally, Lynne Tolley, the Grand Niece of Jack Daniels will be hanging out in the JD Whiskey Tent visiting with teams and the public.

There will also be cooking demos & classes, a Kid's Zone, a ton of vendors and a huge VIP party & dinner on Friday night. Tours will be given of the competitor area for VIP's to meet the teams and live music on Friday and Saturday will definitely draw in a large crowd. Oh yeah, it also looks like there will be a Daisy Duke Beauty Pageant on Saturday as well. :-D

There will also be a Backyard competition for all of the new teams that want to get involved with this event. Additionally, there will be a Kid's Que for any kids that want to cook this competition.

Electric, water, ice and grey water/ash disposal are all included. Standard site size is 30'x30', 30'x50' is available at no additional cost if you need it.

There's also going to be a lot of local media, as well as national media, in attendance. There's a good chance that your team will get some solid "face-time" with this much media at this event.

This sounds like the premier event for AZ this year. Who's going to make it to this one?

VRM Pit Crew will be there!!!

http://azbbqfestival.com/

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Crash, it is going to be a great event.

It will be the 3rd Event in our 2010 AZBarbeque Triple Crown Series and our biggest one to date.

Make sure you get your team registered for it and join us for one incredible event.

Early Bird Deadline is March 20th, so get your entries in before then and save $50..

McFrankenboo BBQ is on this one! This will be right at the end of the whirlwind next 6 weeks for us, but what a way to cap it off!! I mean really, a Jack Daniels tent with the on of his relatives? How cool is that! We're definitely looking forward to this one especially with the weather this time of year! If you're on the fence about this one, I would highly recommend it!

Loot N' Booty will be there - Got to represent my hood!

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Scottsdale, AZ

Now you know how I felt all these years Smitty. 10,000-15,000 miles a year wears on ya.

That's it for mileage? Geez, I usually have that by Memorial Day... :bolt:

Have fun out their to all my friends! I am sure it will be a good one. I wonder if the pink pig is going? Lots of pictures please... :thumb:

I'll be down in my 26th state... Mississippi.

This is shaping up to be a HUGE event ! We spoke with the promoters in Chandler this past weekend and they have alot going on at this event.Looking forward to cooking against all the great teams that have entered.

This is shaping up to be a HUGE event ! We spoke with the promoters in Chandler this past weekend and they have alot going on at this event.Looking forward to cooking against all the great teams that have entered.

That's right Tim. We spoke to them as well and I'm pretty sure thay are on the ball. Hope to see you all in a few weeks!

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Scottsdale, AZ

We are in.

Now, what about those "Pitmasters"?

Harry Soo is signed up, as is Johnny Trigg. Gary Notley says he is coming as well.

Registered Teams as of Today..

1 - One Smoke over the Line
2 - Smoke Wagon BBQ
3 - VRM Pit Crew
4 - I.A.B. 30 BBQ
5 - McFrankenBoo BBQ
6 - Smokin' S'Wine BBQ
7 - Smoking Phoenicians BBQ Team
8 - Sweet Peppers
9 - The Good Times BBQ Co.
10 - Keggers's BBQ
11 - BBQ Castaways
12 - Otis And The Bird
13 - BBQ Fool-AZ
14 - Tex's Smokehouse on Wheels
15 - Smokin Wickenburgers
16 - "Holy Smoke! It's Adams Ribs!"
17 - Tex-A-Que
18 - Smoked to the Bone
19 - Whiskey Ranch
20 - AZBarbeque
21 - Smoke Show Fiasco
22 - BBQ Magic
23 - Totally Que-Less BBQ Team
24 - Jube's Firehouse BBQ
25 - BBQ Bullies
26 - Bark N' Chickens
27 - Rhythm 'N Que
28 - Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ
29 - Company B BBQ
30 - QN4U
31 - The Arizona Kid
32 - Toys 4 BBQ'N
33 - Karnivorous
34 - Loot 'N Booty BBQ
35 - Sauced Up!
36 - Steel City BBQ
37 - Sin City Smokers
38 - Smokin Goatheads
39 - Smokin' Triggers
40 - El Toro BBQ
41 - Oh Kay Cee's
42 - Smitty's Smoke Patrol
43 - Aztec BBQ
44 - Catalina Barbeque Co
45 - 180 Degrees
46 - R&R BBQ
47 - Piggy D's BBQ
48 - Major Woody's Baren Von Jaeger BBQ Team
49 - Porketeers

Im plannin to show up as a spectator prolly on saturday goin up fer a weekend away with my wife, and conveniently i chose the scottsdale side of town instead of the glendale side of the big city just so i could see what it's all about and maybe meet somma the brethren. will be headin up friday right after work just gotta find a hotel nearby... maybe in walkin distance would be great!!!

Anyone else going to make it out for this one? Looks like the weather is going to be in the 70's and lots of sunshine.

In Scottsdale that means lots of pretty girls showing off thier tans.......:thumb:

Anyone else going to make it out for this one? Looks like the weather is going to be in the 70's and lots of sunshine.

In Scottsdale that means lots of pretty girls showing off thier tans.......:thumb:

This event should easily be the best one in AZ this year...hands down. I dont think there could be a better spot for a competition.

yeah i cant wait (if the wifey) agrees to it we/ or me will be trying to help out AZBBQ by volunteering our services!!! hope to meet some very great people

yeah i cant wait (if the wifey) agrees to it we/ or me will be trying to help out AZBBQ by volunteering our services!!! hope to meet some very great people

A wise man once said: "It's easier to get forgivness than permission". That being said, we hope to see you in Scottsdale.

Oh yeah, the crowd is supposed to be huge, so plan on getting there early if you want to sample the competitors food. I cant imagine that most teams will have samples available past 3pm.

A wise man once said: "It's easier to get forgivness than permission". That being said, we hope to see you in Scottsdale.

Oh yeah, the crowd is supposed to be huge, so plan on getting there early if you want to sample the competitors food. I cant imagine that most teams will have samples available past 3pm.

amen to that

I can't wait to give that New Times ass a beatdown and a lesson in real BBQ cooking,that is if he actually did enter this contest.We all should seek him out and "chat" with him :laugh:

Back