Todd's Dirt Review

No smoking w/ Dirt?

FYI, I was reading the Dirty Stories section -uhhh... that's another story for another time, but I digress...

and there's a post by someone who used Dirt on an 8hr smoke, and it made great BBQ.

Sounds like there's nothing this stuff can't do. I'll have to order me some...

Piglet

Dirt Leftovers...

I had a couple of pieces of tri-tip leftover and since I'm the only one home I got to eat them. I also nuked a tater to go along with it.

This stuff still tastes super. I even put some on the potato and it's so good that I might just have to eat another one.

Guys and gals I can't even begin to tell you have good this stuff is.

Just did some transactions with TODDCO LLC, thanks for the review trp1fox, can not wait to get my dirt!

Well I took Trp1fox's advise and ordered some and a few days later it arrived. On the way home from mountain biking with my wife we stopped at the local butcher and picked up two steaks one to cook with nothing and one for me with Todd's Dirt. Here's some before,during and after pics. Must say I WILL be reordering. Can wait to try it on chicken or lamb. Good stuff!
Picture443.jpg

Picture444.jpg

Picture445.jpg

Looks like rosemary and sage (the poultry smell you were getting).

Tonight we will trying out Todd's Seafood seasoning...

Todd has joined the forum, so everyone say hello to him!

Larry,
Did you try the Crabby Dirt? You last review made me to want to swim in Dirt.

Larry,
Did you try the Crabby Dirt? You last review made me to want to swim in Dirt.

I did try the Crabby Dirt the other night. To be honest I didn't think it was as good as the "regular" Dirt. I grilled some salmon on the weber kettle.

The Crabby Dirt has clove in it. Open the bottle and you can smell the cloves. Doesn't taste like cloves though.

I'm going to try it again this weekend on some tilapia and some chicken.

More details to follow...

I ordered some then reordered two more. So far liked it on steak,brisket,taters and scrambled eggs. I like the stuff some might not depends on what you like just like bbq.

When I reordered two more bottles they included a small packet of Crab Dirt and a coolie and I also smelled clove or allspice. A big turnoff for me but as soon as I get some fresh seafood I will try it. Nope my wife just smelled it said it was clove. The regular Dirt smells very heavy on the oregano side but it doesn't taste like it when you cook with it. Having it on steak again tonight. We love the stuff.

When I reordered two more bottles they included a small packet of Crab Dirt and a coolie and I also smelled clove or allspice. A big turnoff for me but as soon as I get some fresh seafood I will try it. Nope my wife just smelled it said it was clove. The regular Dirt smells very heavy on the oregano side but it doesn't taste like it when you cook with it. Having it on steak again tonight. We love the stuff.

I smelled the cloves, but I didn't taste the cloves at all. I'm smoking up some chicken thighs this weekend and will be giving it a shot on those.

Nope brisket and it's great. Here's a few pics of my comparison with sirlion steak tonight. Plain sirlion, Monteal Seasoning and Dirt. Sorry all, but the Dirt won with my family. Monteal was a close second.
Picture454.jpg

Picture455.jpg

Back