MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

You are all gratin on my nerves

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 12-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #17
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

SO when is this TD gonna happin... I got my recipe already! I wanna get it in before I go on holiday!
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #18
bigabyte

It starts tomorrow!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #19
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Just want to say that I am really happy this was posted early, giving us two full weekends to work on this. At this time of year, time is at a premium and it helps to have a few extra days to plan.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

This should be interesting...

Why do I have a feeling I had something to do with this some how?

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigButzBBQ View Post
This should be interesting...

Why do I have a feeling I had something to do with this some how?
I don't want to disappoint you, seeing as how you been all crabby lately , but no. At least not in my thought process. Guerry and I looked at the list of original 10 throwdowns and picked out a couple that would be interesting and decided from there.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #22
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Dang I think I might get in this one!!!!!!

Proud member of Brethren Weber's for life

(Rescued 7 kettles in 2007, 1 in 2008, 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2010 Three of which I have and 8 that have gone to Brethren. PM me to get on the waiting list)

Weber Kettle Dabomb
Weber Kettle Justintime
Weber Kettle (Yet to be named by Daughter) Evil Twin Suggested!
Weber Kettle Grace
WSM "Winni"
WSM "Dumas"
One Smokey Joe
UDS "Peggy Sue"
http://ashsmoderndayclubhouse.blogspot.com/
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
bigabyte

I don't know if it has anything to do with the timing of the beginning of this Throwdown or not...but I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should separate my red potatoes from the russet potatoes. I don't think they are getting along with each other.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #24
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
SO when is this TD gonna happin... I got my recipe already! I wanna get it in before I go on holiday!
Don't sweat it. DeAussie will cook your entry!

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #25
bigabyte

Exclamation Breaking news!!!

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled programming with this breaking news announcement from NPNN, the New Potato News Network, bringing you newer potato news than any other potato news network!

We have just received word that Red Potato and Russet Potato forces are engaged in a major battle somewhere in Overland Park, Kansas.

We have no details at this time about what triggered this clash, or how many potatoes are involved. In fact, since shortly after the potato units reported the engagement, there have been virtually no further communications at all!

Wait....I am being told that an elderly woman did recieve a letter from her grandspud who has been in this battle since the beginning. In fact, we have the text of this letter in our studio now. Can we get that up on the screen? Anyone? Can we get this on screen? ...and here we are!

This is a letter sent by a brave young potato to his grandma earlier today. I am told he is with the Red potato forces. Here is the text of the letter:

Quote:
Dear Grandma,

I hope everything is the same at home in the potato fields as it has always been. I hope the squirrels aren't scratching around looking for nuts too much.

Nothing is the same here in this God-foresaken war zone, in this hell. Someone once said that the road to potato hell is loaded with cheese and bacon and stuff. That's what this place is allright. It is hell, and it is stuffed full of it!

Well, here I am, anonymous all right. With a bunch of tubers nobody really cares about. They come from the end of the potato row, most of 'em. Small fries with names you probably never even heard of: Burbank, Yukon, Rooster, Pink Eye, Fingerling (don't ask). They're all green, most of 'em. Two years' high school is about it, maybe if they're lucky a pretty little Julienne waiting for them back in a cool dark cellar, but most of 'em got nothing. They're cheap really, they're nourishing, yet they're fighting for our skins. It's weird, isn't it? They're the bottom of the plant and they know it. Maybe that's why they call themselves "spuds", cause a spud can take it, can take anything! They're the best I've ever seen, Grandma. The heart & soul.

Love always,
Red Norland
Wow! I'm flooded with emotion here...I just don't know what to say after such poignant words from such a brave spud! We thank all of...

...Wait a minute folks...I am being told that satellite photos of the area seem to indicate that the fighting has apparently ceased, but we are still not receiving any word from either the Red or the Russet forces.

...hold on...I am being told we are now receiving a communication from someone identifying himself only as Mr. Big Bite...no...Bigger Bite...no, well, it doesn't matter what his name is. At this time he is the only communication we are receiv...

OK, I'm told we are now going to feed you a detailed account of this battle, which is being told by this Mr. Bite fellow. Let's take a look.

Any minute now...

The feed should start shortly, our staff is working furiously to patch us in...

Just be patient...

OK, due to technical difficulties, we will just provide you this link detailing the account from Mr. Bite. We are also posting a photo from this account showing what appears to be both sides facing off at the start of the battle.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=1479952

Duh.

Last edited by bigabyte; 12-10-2010 at 01:26 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #26
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Ummm.. Mr. Bite... Please use this link...

http://www.mentalhelp.net/

BTW, you owe me a cup of coffee, a Macbook Pro, a videoconferencing system, a white polo and the reimbursement for a dog bath. All were in the path of my coffee sploogie that occurred while reading your post.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #27
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Don't sweat it. DeAussie will cook your entry!
Well fark me ded!
Hmmmmm...maybe if I mashed in a counter clockwise direction...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
OK, due to technical difficulties, we will just provide you this link detailing the account from Mr. Bite. We are also posting a photo from this account showing what appears to be both sides facing off at the start of the battle.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=1479952
I love the edit feature.
Take a bow Chris!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #29
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JO

Ketchup Loves Potatoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ62...eature=related
Gone brick n mortar :crazy:
southernsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #30
Mark

Name/Nickname : Mark

"Red" potatoes. Do you think that's a hint they're communist sympathizers or what?

And now I see they're combining forces with Polish sausages. I fear this could signal a possible cold war relapse.

A thin line separates paranoia from an acute understanding of reality.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Oh Tish that's French, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread