MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #16
BuffettFan
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

BS 36 owner here with the rear grease drain.
Love it.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big 3, BS, Camp Chef or Blue Rhino.
Some of our favorites are smash burgers, fried fish, stir fry and big honking breakfasts.
I'm working on my Japanese style rolled omelet technique currently.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #17
Drunk Monkey
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Drunk Monkey

Does anyone have a griddle that they use over a traditiional gass bbq? I recently moved into a house with a built in gasser, that would be an actual use for an expensive cooker that never gets used.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #18
JbTech
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Does anyone have a griddle that they use over a traditiional gass bbq? I recently moved into a house with a built in gasser, that would be an actual use for an expensive cooker that never gets used.

Someone else can probably chime in too, but I know Camp Chef has 1, 2, and 3 burner griddle tops. My 1 burner griddle is roughly 15" deep and 16" wide. Ish. Fuzzy numbers.

Could I use more space? Yep. Do I need it all the time? Nope. Perfect solution in my situation.

My griddle top just sits on the racks of the burners, so I'm sure this type would work, depending on dimensions.

JbTech is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #19
...Dave
is one Smokin' Farker

Unless you have some type of hood exhaust I would never use a Blackstone indoors, even if it's being used in a garage. I opened up all three garage doors, the rear service door, and both side windows to make sure that the garage was fully vented and made some Smash Burgers. The next time I drove my car I noticed a haze on the windshield, turns out a residue had lightly coated pretty much everything in the entire garage. Of course it is possible to use a Blackstone indoors, but I sure wouldn't recommend it. But what I would recommend is using an apron and if you wear glasses have some eyeglass cleaner wipes available after you're done because every time I get through my glasses are all hazed over with an oily film.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #20
halfcocked
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : George

Check out the SS Little Griddle for the gas BBQ.
halfcocked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #21
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I chose Camp Chef, but I think either one would be great! There is also the Blue Rhino griddle available at Lowes to throw into the mix

I did a lot of research and decided on the Camp Chef for a few reasons:
1. Individual ingiters (each burner has an igniter)
2. Fold down shelves
3. Come with grill grates in case I need a big, flat grill (unlikely :) )
4. Better wind-proofing

One the negative side, the Camp Chef is a little smaller, and it only has two wheels, but a friend on the BBQ Brethren found small wheels that screw into where the leveling feet go, and larger wheels for the other side.

I am really enjoying it and have cooked the usual smash burgers, fried cauliflower rice, omelets, etc. I still have it in the garage but will give it a home on our deck one of these days

SAVE THE DATE!!! Saturday, January 25, 2020 - BBQ Brethren Chicago Area Mid Winter Lunch

Naked Fatties Rock!

4x Hunsaker Cans/PK360 X 2/Southern Q Limo Elite/FEC-100/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Good-One Model 42/WSM/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/BS Pizza Oven
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2019, 09:43 AM   #22
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Blackstone is all I’ve owned so I can’t compare brands. 2 burner was to big for just wife and myself. Splattered grease attracted bugs always out taking space. Sold it and bought the table top 17". I store the base in the patio shed. I store the griddle top inside the Tiernan SOB34. Anytime I use the SOB I wipe down the griddle top and it rides out the shutdown heat. Stays looking like new. 17" fits our world. No more critters attracted to spills or unit itself, stored Out of the way, always ready to go, takes less than a minute to have it together and heating.

If you need a Jet you’re probably not going to be happy with a crop duster. The opposite is true as well.
Your needs may well determine your happiness more than brand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191016_123011_HDR~2.jpg (60.4 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-22-2019 at 10:34 AM..
16Adams is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2019, 10:20 PM   #23
retfr8flyr

I am another Camp Chef 600 owner. I love mine and use it quite often. I decided on it, over the BS, due to the removable top, basically giving me an gas grill for free. When the grand kids stay over in the summertime, the lovey to make their own pancake on the griddle and smash burgers are always required. I use mine a lot more then I thought I would when I first got it, they are very versatile.

Old 10-28-2019, 02:44 PM   #24
EricD
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I did before I got the BS.
I used something like this: https://www.homedepot.com/pep/Lodge-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
22" Weber Kettle black, 18" Weber Kettle black,Weber Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Weber Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza Oven, The Big Easy, Anova Immersion Cooker, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotisserie, Infrared temp gun, Maverick ET-732, ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mats
EricD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #25
highergr0und
Full Fledged Farker

I use a blackstone 36 - and I want bigger!!! It's not needed a lot but a 48 would make some days that much better. I know camp chef makes a 48 but I'm debating doing a more industrial cook top model and having propane run to it in an outdoor kitchen.

you could put a griddle deck over a gasser, could probably even retro fit something custom made in a shop

Old 10-28-2019, 08:18 PM   #26
barry w

I love My 36" Blackstone but the 17" gets the most workout for the wife and I. The only down fall to either one is the wind, don't even try to cook outside if it is windy.
barry w is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2019, 06:25 AM   #27
mike243
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Which ever you buy get a steamer cover or 2, they make several different sizes

Old 10-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #28
WeberWho
Full Fledged Farker

I have a 17" and 36" Blackstone. I really like the griddles. I can't say so much about their warranty department. It's an absolute mess. Definitely gives me second thoughts about buying any future products from them.
WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #29
greenmountainsmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

I put this on my Christmas list (saw that you also have a GMG). It if works out, great! IF not, no $ spent. Worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KGH83PD...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Tags
blackstone, griddle