Mobility of Assassin Charcoal Grills

donnylove

Reaction score
I'm closing in on an order of an Assassin Charcoal Grill and I'm torn between the 36 and the 48. I've pretty much decided that it makes sense to get the 48 based on the fairly minor cost difference, but (and it's a bigggggg but) I want to be able to load it up on my little bumper pull flatbed trailer (6' x 8' with wood deck) and tow it 2 hours each way to tailgate for football games. The greater capacity of the 48 for tailgates would be great (sometimes cook for 30+ people), but is it realistic to load the 48 on a trailer like that and would I have any chance of loading it by myself? For that matter, would I be able to load the 36 by myself? Have any of you sprung for the 8-inch wheels as an option, and do they make it easier to load on a trailer? Tagging a few of you that I think might have good perspective on this question.

Get the 48 and buy a little 2000-2500lb ATV winch to mount to the trailer to help with loading. I would upgrade the wheels as well since those stock ones aren't designed to be moved a lot. You could get the winch and mounting stuff for under $100 at harbor freight or step up a level and probably still be under $200.

If you are primarily going to be using it for tailgating maybe even consider having it mounted on a trailer.

Get the 48 and buy a little 2000-2500lb ATV winch to mount to the trailer to help with loading. I would upgrade the wheels as well since those stock ones aren't designed to be moved a lot. You could get the winch and mounting stuff for under $100 at harbor freight or step up a level and probably still be under $200.

I like the winch idea. That had crossed my mind as a possible option at one point before and then I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder!

If you are primarily going to be using it for tailgating maybe even consider having it mounted on a trailer.

I do want to use it at home as for backyard cooks and parties. Unfortunately the way our yard is set up, I wouldn't be able to get it to the back yard on a trailer. I'd probably be better off with a lighter, more mobile option for a cooker, but I'm bound and determined to have one of the Assassins. :crazy:

Back