• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turn Your Weber Kettle Grill into a Kettle Pizza Oven

Shipping seems a little high, but the price of the unit is okay.

I'm getting one today...

The guy who makes these lives one town over from me and has one of these units in the window of Main St Hardware in North Andover, MA. He had a black painted ring and a stainless ring on display. Looked like a nice idea and execution but the steel was very thin.

Interesting, but I would think you would still lose a lot of heat through the opening. Maybe the next generation version will have some sort of sliding or hinged door.

Interesting, but I would think you would still lose a lot of heat through the opening. Maybe the next generation version will have some sort of sliding or hinged door.

Exactly what I was thinking. I have yet to do a pizza on the kettle but I will soon enough. Ya I think the price is a bit steep as well. I wouldnt use it as much as the CB for the price.

Perfect timing. My birthday is 2 weeks away and my wife keeps asking me what I want.

My last Papa Murphy's pizza turned out much better in the wotg than in the oven, cooked on a stone I had raised up a few inches, coals spread evenly. It turned out so good, I'm wondering if this pizza oven mod could make it much better.

Actually, you want the heat escaping. With a wood fired pizza oven, the heat rises and circles around the dome and out. This causes a convection effect and cooks the pizza evenly all around.

Actually, you want the heat escaping. With a wood fired pizza oven, the heat rises and circles around the dome and out. This causes a convection effect and cooks the pizza evenly all around.

Agreed, but on a Weber with an opening that large a LOT of heat would be escaping. Anything more than one pizza would require a lot of charcoal and I would think it would be difficult to maintain the temps. What isn't shown is how he regulates the temps; could be that he actually closes the top vents altogether when using this.

Shipping seems a little high, but the price of the unit is okay.

I'm getting one today...

Maybe you'd be willing to post a review once you get it?:thumb:
In the meantime, I'm going to try using my rotisserie ring and some firebricks to raise the pizza stone higher off the grate.

Agreed, but on a Weber with an opening that large a LOT of heat would be escaping. Anything more than one pizza would require a lot of charcoal and I would think it would be difficult to maintain the temps. What isn't shown is how he regulates the temps; could be that he actually closes the top vents altogether when using this.

It's a 22 inch kettle, just how many pizzas do you think you can get on it. Stop being so negative. You need to be as positive and uplifting as I...

It's a 22 inch kettle, just how many pizzas do you think you can get on it. Stop being so negative. You need to be as positive and uplifting as I...

Ok, I'm positive I'm not going to be getting one of these anytime soon as Bubba Ho-Keg makes wonderful pizzas without it. I'll positively save my pennies and buy something else I don't need instead. :becky:

I'd love to get a report from a Brethren when they try it out, this looks interesting.

No offense to anyone but this looks like a waste of time and money. Why is making pizza on a grill so hard? Like that guy on food network says, don't invest in uni-taskers.

And why are the instructional images taken on a wooden deck? A fire waiting to happen.

Last pizza I did worked out very nicely. I have a weber with a rotisserie ring on it. The ring comes in two pieces that you bolt together, I added another set of SS bolts 90 degrees to the originals and this allows me to use another rack obove the original. I build up a charcoal base, then put a large pizza pan on the lower rack to act as a diffuser(thank you green egg) then use a pizza pan on the top grill.

MOINKBALLDAYetcetc035.jpg

You can see one of the added bolts in this pic, sorry I'm too lazy to do the whole pictorial thing, right now. Next time I do pizza I will. Looking at the pic. you can see on the left side the original bolts, bottom one is outward and the top one is mounted inward to provide a mount for the grill, and on the right side is one of the additional ones.

Back