I'm Jeff, Also from FL. See photo of my grill and Xmas lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeffostroff

Hi folks, I'm Jeff, from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, just arrived on brethren scene today. I'm 46, a semi-retired electrical engineer. I left Motorola in Plantation, FL back in 2003 with 2 other guys to work full time on our car buying advice consumer advocate web site. Every year at Christmas time I become sort of locally famous with my huge Christmas light display, over 60,000 LEDs in 2008, not one single incandescent light string! My display is synchronized to music through 128 channels of lights, and I broadcast the music to your car through an unused FM frequency, so you can hear the music while you watch my lights dance, synchronized to the music. We always get on the tv news! But enough about me...

My current grill setup I'm sure is a far departure from what most of you have here! I don't yet have a smoker, but plan to one day buy a competition grade smoker with input from all you folks here. What I have now is pictured below, and it's a (gasp!) Propane Grill! Kids, cover your ears!

But don't underestimate my ability to produce nicely smoked meats. My family goes crazy over my oak smoked steak with my own home made honey/molasses/Worcestershire basted crust, and my smoked honey maple salmon fillets, and my smoked ribs. I think the Smoked Turkey I make at Christmas (yes, smoked out on my gas grill) gets everyone talking the most.

Ok, enough adieu, here's my grill:

grill2.JPG

AND... could we possibly get more off-topic! Here's my Christmas light display:

christmas2008-35.JPG

christmas2008-31-hi-res.jpg

nice grill!!

but it looks like your satellite dish almost hit it when it fell off the roof and got stuck in the pavers.

:)

geezz.. awesome ligjt job.... if we put up lights like that here at long island power prices, we'd go bankrupt.

Welcome!!

yes, that was my old satellite dish placement. The original DirecTV dish that I mounted on the back patio back in 1998. later in 2007, I removed it, and replaced it with a newer HDTV dish which DirecTV required mounting on the back wall of the house higher up to see the newer satellites.

In that very spot on the ground where the dish used to be, I keep a large bin with all my different types of wood that I use.

As for the lights, the LEDS draw 1/5th the power of regular lights, and by having them dancing to the music, not all the lights are on at any given time. My bill last December was only $90 more than November.

Welcome!

I was going to say that you either have the world's best grill cleaning machine or you're really just a poser because that must be the cleanest gasser I've ever seen.

But because you're new, I won't say it.

Anyway, jump in and have fun...

It looks that clean because the grill had not been used yet when I took that photo. I shot it just after we brought it home from Costco. My grill is little more used now! I do use the grill earth stones from Lowes or HD to scrape the grill back to that new shiny look every so often.

Nice intro Jeff.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!.

BTW, you really do need to augment your cooking arsenal. One is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back