Pig Candy, ABT's ala Cloink, Burgers and Corned Beef Brisket!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Now that I'm working 2nd shift and only off on Friday/Saturday I don't get to cook for the family as much as I'd like; So today I did a couple meals worth at once on the BDS 3143 Mega.

Bought a couple of Brisket Flats around St. Paddy's Day that were labeled "Corn Beef Brisket", but I though what the heck, I'll smoke em anyway. I used Dizzy Pig's Dizzy Dust on one, and Cow Lick Steak Rub on the other.
They came out fine, although a little salty. (A little salty is ok with me. HBP mod here). Next time I'll leach them in a soak and have pastrami...

The wife had made Chicken Fajita's for the boys one night last week, so I used the finely shredded remnants to mix with shredded cheese and make some ABT's. Not too bad once I had added some Apple and Rasberry Chipolte Rub to the Chicken.

I also made some Pig Candy using a Maple Rub from D-Dog's BBQ as a base, and then my mix of Brown Sugar, Simply Marvelous Rub and crushed Red Peppers. Tasty!

I also did my stuffed burgers for about a dozen folks, but I've posted them here before so won't bore you with the duplication of how I make them... For size info, they are about 5 inches square.

Thanks for looking in!

Attachments

• Candy, ABT, Brisket 001.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 001.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 002.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 002.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 019.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 019.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 165
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 003.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 003.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 163
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 004.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 018.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 018.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 017.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 017.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 016.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 016.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 011.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 011.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Candy, ABT, Brisket 012.jpg
    Candy, ABT, Brisket 012.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 163
I'd hit that! and I just had dinner! That corned beef looks interesting, What did it tstee like...errr, ummm, corned beef???

Looks good!!.....Love the Dizzy Pig....and you got bacon in there twice for added points! :-D

I can see the corn beef being a little salty... Especially after adding rub to it!! It all looked great!!

Good lookin' eats right there! And leftovers are good in ABTs or fatties :biggrin:.

Looks good Bro. Ya, you gotta soak that brisket.

And for what it's worth, I cook my pig candy using the same thing as you but I put a layer of alum. foil to make an easy clean up. :icon_cool

Sa-Weet! I just had lunch, but now I want some of that good looking food...:biggrin:

Back