Does my numbers seem right??

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just received a request for a catering job for a adult birthday party with 75 guests wanting brisket, chicken thighs, mashed potatos and brownies for desert.
I'm looking a: 4 10-12lb whole packer briskets
85 chicken thighs
4 gallons of mashed potatos(1 gallon feeds 15-20)
7dz brownies
Am I right on or do I need to adjust the numbers from your experience. Thanks for your help.

Never done smashed taters for a catering gig but my guess would be the women won't be eating much of them so 4 gallons should be okay. May I assume you are going to serve the brisket both sliced and burnt ends? If so, your good on the sliced but will run out of burnt ends. I would probably go with 100 thighs, better to leave them with leftovers than to run out and thighs are pretty cheap.

Just received a request for a catering job for a adult birthday party with 75 guests wanting brisket, chicken thighs, mashed potatos and brownies for desert.
I'm looking a: 4 10-12lb whole packer briskets
85 chicken thighs
4 gallons of mashed potatos(1 gallon feeds 15-20)
7dz brownies
Am I right on or do I need to adjust the numbers from your experience. Thanks for your help.

I agree with the extra thighs and I would do a few more dozen brownies I usually allow for about half the people taking two each. Everything else works. Did you pass on the trailer you were looking at?

I agree with the extra thighs and I would do a few more dozen brownies I usually allow for about half the people taking two each. Everything else works. Did you pass on the trailer you were looking at?

Pm you on the trailer.

I might do boneless/skinless breasts and chop and shred for sandwiches instead of the thighs. might be alittle easier? any thoughts....

Back