? About Wireless Thermometer and Brinkmann Offset

104timberwolf

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A question for the group. I would like to start using a remote probe thermometer with my Brinkmann offset and I'm looking for the best way to run the probe wire. The smoker is 1/4 inch steel and I'm concerned about the door crushing the wire. I really don't want to drill the smoker if I don't have to. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

I used to have a Brinkmann SnP Pro offset and I just ran mine under the door. The only other two holes I remember it having were the one for the thermometer mounted on the door and the hole for the grease to drip out.

With a 6' lead, you may have enough to feed it through the exhaust.

I wouldn't worry about the brinkman door, from the ones I have seen the door doesn't seal well.

Besides a 1/4" or 3/8" drill bit will cut through like butter.

These are available at home depot in various sizes.

3MPK5_AL01

I use a Maverick et 732 remote on my Brinkmann SNPP regularly. I just run it under the door and close the door gently. The door doesn't seal all that well on mine so there is no problem. If you have the 6 ft probes you can go down the exhaust or up thru the grease hole drain I suppose. I would probably drill a hole before I did that and install a grommet as has been mentioned. Then you can locate the hole to your liking. I would probably put it just to the side of the door just above grate level. You will love having a remote!

I have a large offset and I drilled and tapped three holes on the back side. I use a maverick et732 in two of the holes(pit temp in the center hole) and another maverick food only thermometer in the third. When I am not using the thermometers I thread stainless bolts into the holes to keep the heat in or any bugs out.
I can open the door and check on the meat this way and not disturb the probes or wires. I have a shelf on the back side that I leave the transivers on.

Thanks everyone! What brands of thermometer have you all had good luck with?

Most folks use the Maverick ET-732. The probes do NOT like water, you can help em by putting a dab of red RTV where the wire enters the probe. There's also a source for water resistant probes floating around somewhere on the net but if you can avoid damaging the originals it's much cheaper since a pair of probes costs almost as much as you can find the 732 for on sale.

I'm using a Maverick 733 with my NBBD. Just run the wires under the door. The NBBD is similar to your Brinkmann. My door probably seals better than yours since I installed oven gasket, but there's no issue with harming the probe wires. Running the probes through the exhaust means a lot more cleaning to do after your cook. As afidel says, they don't like water so the less dirt or smoke on the wires, the better off you are.

A question for the group. I would like to start using a remote probe thermometer with my Brinkmann offset and I'm looking for the best way to run the probe wire. The smoker is 1/4 inch steel and I'm concerned about the door crushing the wire. I really don't want to drill the smoker if I don't have to. Looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

1/4 inch thick steel brinkman... This I have to see

Back