Chicken and Rib Practice

FattyMac

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Some chicken and ribs practice I did this weekend. First time doing full boxes for both. Photos were taken about 30 minutes after I finished the boxes.

First up the chicken
IMGP4201.JPG
IMGP4203.JPG

and yes it was bite through! :becky:
IMGP4200.JPG

And the ribs
IMGP4206.JPG
IMGP4207.JPG

I don't think it shows in the pictures but the box lid did touch the ribs. Would that count as a marked box or is just bad because it could ruin your appearance?

Thanks for looking and any comments.

Judges are instructed to ignore sauce on the lid since there is no way to know when it happened. But, if the sauce is on the lid that means that i's not on your ribs, so it could be noticeable on the meat, which could affect the appearance scores.

Both look pretty good to me. Very appetizing overall. Solid 8s for both, but would easily be 9s if the pieces were more uniform.

I never even look at the box lid or sides for sauce. I know some reps make sure to remind judges that sauce on the box lid could have occurred at the turn in table if someone put one box on top of another. (not recommended).

Both your boxes look great, nothing I would comment on the chicken 9, the ribs slices look a tiny bit uneven, and don't look like you placed the ribs together as they were sliced from the rack. Still look really good, 8 from the picture could be a 9 at the table.

Good work!

Glad I cook in Texas. That'd be hard to compete against in my opinion. :thumb:

Back