• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Super Bowl Party Food" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Super Bowl Party Food!"[/size]
1_-another-good-finished.jpg

OK, so this pic isn't BBQ, but it was hard to find the right shot for this...

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the I'd Never Eat That!(Innards) Throwdown!

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 1/29 - 2/7 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 2/8.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 2/8 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 2/12. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Asian Throwdown until Sunday night 1/31 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Breakfast Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Im thinking country style ribs, roasted parsnips and a salad.

Planning on doing a practice run this afternoon.

I'm planning ribs, wings, MOINK balls, baked beans and potato salad. Probably will add a plain fatty, smoked sausage and pig candy to snack on before the ribs are finished. Go Colts

Can we get a one extra day on this? Turn in is midnight Sunday and game doesnt start until after 5 here.

Can we get a one extra day on this? Turn in is midnight Sunday and game doesnt start until after 5 here.
That sounds fair. We'll give an extra 24 horus for turn in making the turn in time by Monday night 2/8 at midnight Central time. That way those who pass out after halftime don't get cheated out of thier entry.:biggrin:

That sounds fair. We'll give an extra 24 horus for turn in making the turn in time by Monday night 2/8 at midnight Central time. That way those who pass out after halftime don't get cheated out of thier entry.:biggrin:

Good change to the entry deadline. Now, if you are still too by midnight on Monday, then, you probably had way too much fun after seeing your team win or too much from seeing em lose!!:-D
Trying to get the creative juices flowing! Here was my creation from last years Super Bowl. The Pizza Burger!

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG
OMG!!!!! I say you make Pizza Burger II!!! That looks seriously good. I'd so hit that.

You would "hit " anything Bob :biggrin:, but i have to agree with you on this one. That is a calender cover right there.

Paul

Wow!:shock: Too bad that's not an entry! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year.:cool:

I'm trying to find a good recipe for sour grapes.LOL, just kidding guys, I'll come up with something.

I'm trying to find a good recipe for sour grapes.LOL, just kidding guys, I'll come up with something.

How bout a big pot of Brett Farvra Beans and a bottle of Chianti for the Throwdown? (Sourer Grapes cause Dallas lost to Minnesota Mod):wink::-D

Can't wait to see the entries!!!

wow. that image/creation is circulated quite frequently in one of the darker corners of the internet. glad to meet the glorious creator!

Now that is funny. You are a fair and compansionate brother. That was a good one.:biggrin:

Trying to get the creative juices flowing! Here was my creation from last years Super Bowl. The Pizza Burger!

IMG_3806.JPG

Sensational! Can I make a recommendation?

A PIZZA NACHO BURGER....:-D JUst add the chili and the nacho's and the sour cream and avocado on top of the burger. Top with the bun. :mrgreen:

YUM!

Bill

have to have a pot of dirty water dogs on the stove, a brisket chili,moink balls and a couple fatties with broccolirabe and mozzarella cheese all new recipies for me that i found on this site.....except the dogs of course...thanks guys i cant wait to break out those fatties.

Back