THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
The recent thread about electric knives, reminded me I bought one at a garage sale about 3 years ago, thinking I would use it to slice brisket at competitions. It turned out that I did not care for the marks it left on the slices so I never used it again.

Anyway I dug it out cleaned it up and tried slicing some ham, as it turned out I decided it was not for me, manly because I did not like the way it jitters and shakes in my hand. This is a Black and Decker and when I could get it to slice on the spot I wanted, it did ok but it was very hard to control, will not likely use it again.

Knowing that because of the reciprocating action of the blades I expected some movement but this is excessive to me and wonder it they all are like this, or are there better brands with a smother action. Do you have this problem or is it just mine. I really don't see the benefit in using one if you have a good knife.
Dave

I use a Piranha from Mister Twister. It is specificly designed for cleaning salt water game fish, but does a great job on just about anything. It is much faster than a standard electric and has curved blades like a filet knife. It is a turkey's worst knightmare.

I use the electric knife linked below and absolutely love it. I use it in competition for brisket.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CEK-40-Electric-Knife/dp/B00004WKI3/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1355414121&sr=1-2&keywords=electric+knife"]Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife: Amazon.com: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

I have one I got for slicing bread. Does a great job on that, but haven't used it for much else. Can't remember what brand it is, but it was fairly cheap.

Back