MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #16
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

My wife won't let me go there alone......

Old 10-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
MostlySmoke
On the road to being a farker

I bought 10 bags at this price!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
osx-addict

I'm assuming that is NOT at RD (although the color scheme in the background looks about right) or it's smaller bags or you got a great deal!!? Can't tell from the pic -- ours in the LA area are a little over $10/bag (17.xlb bags).. They also had another brand -- much bigger -- perhaps best of the west but am not sure..
osx-addict is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx-addict View Post
I'm assuming that is NOT at RD (although the color scheme in the background looks about right) or it's smaller bags or you got a great deal!!? Can't tell from the pic -- ours in the LA area are a little over $10/bag (17.xlb bags).. They also had another brand -- much bigger -- perhaps best of the west but am not sure..

Best of the west is everywhere, its mesquite.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
MostlySmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx-addict View Post
This is at Rest. Depot and those are 17# bags. I buy as much as I can fit in my garage!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #21
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

As much as I like shopping there, I have to be really careful or I'll get in trouble. Bags of tri tip, whole rib eyes and chuck rolls, pork butts and tri packs of ribs.....it can all add up WAY too quick!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #22
Dave Russell
is One Chatty Farker

Good thing it's cold in the cooler!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #23
SmokeFan
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks to this thread, I have a KCBS card on it's way to me now. Looking forward to looking around!
SmokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ_MAFIA View Post
There is a RD that is 5Mins from my house.
I'm not allowed to go to it without supervision.
im in the same boat......when the wife sees me load the 150qt cooler into the van in the morning when i leave to work she knows where im going after work, thats when i get out of the van at night slowly and quietly when i get home so maybe i can make it to the garage fridge before she sees, lol
if not this is what happens:
then i hide
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Lmao

Old 10-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #26
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Just went there a couple weeks ago for a fundraiser I was throwing, the wife went with me for the first time and she loved the place. When we left the house I told her to grab a sweatshirt, she looked at me a little weird then but thanked me later. If you're ever throwing a party, this is the place to go!

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

I’ve got one about 25 minutes from my home and another one about an hour from work and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out for less than $200.

Charcoal is a big one for me as well; I normally have 15-20 bags of RO in the garage. For meat, I bring the guys in the meat department a half pan from a comp and they let me open and pick through all the cases I want.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #28
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
I’ve got one about 25 minutes from my home and another one about an hour from work and I don’t think I’ve ever gotten out for less than $200.

Charcoal is a big one for me as well; I normally have 15-20 bags of RO in the garage. For meat, I bring the guys in the meat department a half pan from a comp and they let me open and pick through all the cases I want.
Hmmmm.....might have to try that one!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #29
Deeg
Knows what a fatty is.

How's the quality of their meat? And what kind of discount do they have over the typical super grocery stores? I only cook large meals a few times a year and I'm wondering if it would be worth the $35 annual membership.
Deeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #30
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeg View Post
How's the quality of their meat? And what kind of discount do they have over the typical super grocery stores? I only cook large meals a few times a year and I'm wondering if it would be worth the $35 annual membership.
Remember, you are not buying small quantities.

Each year I pick up a 15 pound Prime Rib and make a couple of roasts and a bunch of steaks out of it. The ribs (4 ½ and down) are normally 3 slabs to a package. Briskets and butts are sold individually but most of the other cuts are not.

If you can break down the larger cuts and put them in your freezer, it works out great. As for the price, I think I paid a bit over $2 a pound on brisket but I was buying it by the case weight.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote