BBQ Brethren "Happy Meal" Throwdown!

:doh: The meatball throwdown doesn't start until Friday.

IMG_2593.jpg

But next to that meatball is a really great looking burger with a side of onion rings.:thumb:

You guys are killing me! :laugh:

Last edited:
This was a tough one. It really forced me to think of the things that make me happy. I thought a traditional Happy Meal would be a good way to start. That means either a hamburger or chicken nuggets. I almost did nuggets, but they really don't make me happy. I like burgers, but I wanted a burger that would make me really happy, so I began with some bacon.

IMG_4281.jpg

I didn't want just a beef burger. I really like sausage, and one of my favorite sausages is breakfast sausage. I like big burgers too, so I used a pound of sausage in each burger. I thought I would form the bacon around the sausage.

IMG_4282.jpg

I am not happy eating alone. Company makes me happy, so I made an extra one. These things should always come in pairs anyway. I wrapped these up and started them in the smoker. I know that the sausage tends to expand, so I poked down on the middle so it would be flat when done and fit on a bun.

IMG_4284.jpg

Bacon candy also makes me happy, so I made some for dessert.

IMG_4283.jpg

Foil Hat Rub makes me happy, so I seasoned them with that when I flipped them out of the bowls. I know hamburgers in Happy Meals have pickles. Some people like the butter pickles, but I like sweet gherkins. I wanted everyone to be happy, so I used both.

IMG_4302.jpg

The patties are a pound each and impossible to cover with a bun, so I served them open-faced. Buns are just filler anyway and not having all those extra calories will make me happy tomorrow. I was never a huge fan of regular French fries, but I figured hash browns could make me happy, so I made some of those too. I did not use a Brazilian recipe. I'm not that particular.

Finally, this time of the year, the beach makes me happy, so I thought it would make me happy to fantasize about being at the beach. So, I put on some beach music

Beach Boys - I Get Around - YouTube

I also brought some summer reading for a friend and some sunglasses for a prize, and of course a piña colada for a drink.

IMG_4316-1.jpg

This time of year can be a bit nippy at the beach, but that can also make me happy.

Last edited:
^^^ :tsk:

^^^
^^^:clap2::confused::shocked::tsk:

*Wishing I could remember the link to Gore's photobucket to see the photos that didn't make the cut*

Gore, that is a "pointing", to the stands home run!!:clap:

Awesome!:thumb:

If I was a bettin man (and sometimes I am) I think we just might see these two balls pop up again this week. :heh:

IMG_4316-1.jpg

I'm thinking that weird yellow plastic thingie is the real prize...what the heck is that thing?

I'm thinking that weird yellow plastic thingie is the real prize...what the heck is that thing?

Yeah, that was going to be the prize, but you couldn't really see it in the final picture. It's for making sandcastles at the beach. Here's another shot.

IMG_4306.jpg

Nice humps Gore, but you missed the perfect opportunity to use the broccoli floret pasties crutch. :becky:

That would make me happy!:thumb: This is going to be one helluva vote thread come tomorrow morning!

Ooooo, I'll take some of that adult portion. Great use of the broccoli crutch. :hungry:

Back