• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Bacon Garlic Pepperjack Scallion Pull Bread

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I hadn't made this in awhile. It's one of my favorite finger foods!

I crisp some bacon..

1sz2jrU.jpg

add butter to the drippin's and saute garlic and scallions til tender...

Q89IuEe.jpg

my favorite combo for this is pepperjack cheese and mozarella...

2AcGtPc.jpg

Score a dense loaf of bread. I went with and Italian loaf this time..

Nm0W2UL.jpg

stuff the nooks and crannies with the cheese...

h3v9f1S.jpg

spoon the bacon drippin', butter, garlic, scallion blend into the slits too, then drizzle any remaining on top...

uix1r53.jpg

Into the drum with a bit of hickory.

VZIOGuo.jpg

I cover the loaf for the first 20 minutes or so, til the cheese is melted and the loaf is hot throughout.

2GmDKhJ.jpg

Then remove the foil and let the bread crisp up a bit on top.

zC3varc.jpg

Top with crisp bacon and scallions and eat while the bread is hot and gooey...

SPfx8n9.jpg

Gn66aoF.jpg

Serve with cold beer and plenty of napkins!

tZlORo9.jpg

One of my favorite finger food meals. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

I almost didn't look at this, because I am a reformed breadaholic.

I have made something similar to that, so I know that getting that picture perfect look, isn't easy, and I know exactly how good it tastes. Great execution.

Thanks Josh. The hardest part for me, is cramming cheese into the cuts. I always want to use more than the bread will hold! lol

Thanks Josh. The hardest part for me, is cramming cheese into the cuts. I always want to use more than the bread will hold! lol

Yup, I am of the thinking, if a little is good, more is better. Then I end up breaking off a piece. Still tastes great, but not as pretty as yours.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Are you a food genius?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy-yeasted-pulled-garlic-bites Cowgirl! That is a great technic for making an appetizer! Sounds fantastic. :clap2::clap2: :nod:

OMG. :shock: You have outdone yourself. I don't know how that is possible. The creativity is outstanding!

I made that at one of the bashes (or pig roasts? can't remember :noidea:) after seeing you do this a while back. It was fanfarkingtastic, but it didn't look nearly as nice as yours! I would only suggest to anybody who wants to do this that they should make 2. I might even make 3 next time - just to be sure I had one all to myself. :hungry:

To anybody wondering if they should try this - Yes you should!

Thanks for posting, Jeanie - love that stuff!

Thanks so much everybody! You're a kind group of friends! :grin:

I made that at one of the bashes (or pig roasts? can't remember :noidea:) after seeing you do this a while back. It was fanfarkingtastic, but it didn't look nearly as nice as yours! I would only suggest to anybody who wants to do this that they should make 2. I might even make 3 next time - just to be sure I had one all to myself. :hungry:

To anybody wondering if they should try this - Yes you should!

Thanks for posting, Jeanie - love that stuff!

Heck Greg! I remember when you made this for a bash. I'm glad you gave it a try! I really like the pepperjack for a kick. Guess minced jalapenos would do the trick too. lol Thanks Greg! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back