Pig šŸ· Prices

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Managed to find myself in several stores the last few days.

Spare Ribs 1.47-2.74
Buttsā€™ 0.97-2.19

The low price shoulders are the two packs at United Amigos. Iā€™m going to pass.

Go small or go home

My local big box has spares on sale for 1.99/lb on a pretty regular basis so I stopped stocking. These are trimmed to STL but they include the tips in the package which I love.

Still have some $.99/lb butts from last summer. Iā€™m going with the Adams plan now. Buy what I need when I need it. Letting the charcoal supply dwindle too. Donā€™t go thru enough to need to worry about a few cents a pound.

Iā€™m not following the Adams smoker reduction plan however. That is just cray cray.

Just an FYI post.Pig prices are headed higher.China is the biggest pig eater in the world and their herd has a had and will continue to have a severe herd reduction for some time to come because of ASF " African Swine Flue" for which there is no cure or antibody. Pork prices are headed UP. The amount of pigs they have had to dispose of is greater than all of the pork grown in the United States.Just food for thought.Never mind the trade war,they will buy our pork from other Countries that import our pork.šŸ˜‰

Back