MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Happy Friday Brethren...What's Smokin' This Holiday Weekend?

We're kickin' it off with Friday Night Steak Night... Saturday is wide open...Sunday I'm grillin' some Kobe Beef burgers (compliments of swamprb) and blowin' up the neighborhood with fireworks... Monday I'm smokin' some short ribs...gonna be a fun weekend! Happy 4th Brothers and Sisters!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Well looks like rain in my forecast all weekend but I'm planning on grilling some fish because I keep seeing it somewhere alot. I can't remember where that is thought... On sunday I plan on (rain or shine) wings, abt's and brats maybe. I'm a little undecided so maybe i'll pluck an idea from some of the brethren.

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
King
Full Fledged Farker

I'll be smoking some MOINK balls and sausages as appetizers for the pool parties I'll be going to.

22.5" Weber Smoky Mountain Smoker
22.5" Weber OTG
Weber Spirit E-310
Brinkman offset smoker
Brinkman ECB smoker (modified)
UDS (under construction)
King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

Kids say burgers...I say ribs.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Lots and lots of cold beer Might do a brisket and some fatties just to have a reason for drinking beer.

Update: One of the welders just brought me 5# of turtle meat. I see a big ol' pot of turtle sauce piquante for this weekend.
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

Not sure yet. I may try a whole chicken on the Egg I am sure burgers and dogs will be there at some point
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
seattlepitboss
is one Smokin' Farker

Hey, JD. I have my big annual BBQ coming up, this week I'm smoking 50 pounds of pork butt and 50 pounds of chuck roll (going to use 2 Banderas, mine and blusmoke's) and then smoke 20 racks of spareribs at the event. Sides will be potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans; dessert is peach cobbler with whipped cream. Probably about 110 people this year. We'll pull the pork and the chuck and serve sandwiches in plain hamburger buns, what my daugher calls "sliders". We've rented the biggest Seattle Parks Department picnic site, the one on top of Seward Park a few hundred yards from the amphitheatre where Jimi Hendrix did a show in 1969, should be an awesome event particularly if the weather cooperates a little.

seattlepitboss
seattlepitboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
HarryM
Got Wood.

My wife came back from Costco yesterday with a double-pack of ribs, so ribs it is.
HarryM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
Phubar

Just bought 2 chickens,8 quarters and 1kg of ground beef...probably gonna smoke some today and sunday.
Tomorrow I'm having a Q party at a good Phriend of mine.

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Wagyu tri-tip on the 4th!! Also doing some thighs and sausage. Katie and I are using the family gathering as a chance to get in some comp practice!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #11
EatonHoggBBQ
Babbling Farker

Doing two racks of Dino Bones, a mess of ABT's, and maybe a Fatty.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Package of C/S ribs, 2 plain fatties and some link sausage for tonite's supper.
All going on the egg.

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
Wampus

Takin one of the cookers over to a friend's lake property and "camping" out tomorrow night. Wife just picked up a HUGE pork loin from Sam's Club. I'm planning on stuff/rolling a large portion of the loin with a tapenade and smoking it. Also plan on putting together some ABT's and PIGGLE's, maybe a fatty also.

I'm planning on cutting some THICK ARSE chops off of the loin when I get home from work and grilling them up tonight.

Sunday, Monday......WHO KNOWS!!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY BRETHREN!!!!!
Let's not forget what this weekend is truly about!!
One of my personal favorite holidays!!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #14
tennispro
Knows what a fatty is.

Tonight we are having a 1st birthday party for my son. So I am cooking a brisket as we speak, then some chicken quarters are going on later. Plus a fattie that I am going to call "THE WORLDS BEST BRAT"

The fattie is brat meat stuffed with chedder cheese and hot peppers. It might be the best one that I have done so far I will have to wait and see.

Tomorrow is ribs all day for a rib contest and vending. Sunday is open as of right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2584.jpg (71.4 KB, 87 views)

Old 07-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
big brother smoke

2 butts, 1 briskie, 2-3 racks of BBs/Spares, Cherry baked beans, and some ABTs, I think. Having some friends over on the 4th.

Oh yeah some of those Grilled peaches form another thread!