granulated honey

Gasket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I came across some packs of granulated honey at work today (I work at Amazon) and I started thinking how this would work in rubs. Has anybody ever heard of this stuff or used it for anything? I wonder if it would burn if used in rubs? Could you use it in place of sugar? What does the brethren say.

I've not used it, but it sounds like it would be a fun ingredient to experiment with. If you want to experiment you could try using it in various ways on some country style ribs (sliced butt) and see what happens.

That's sounds like it would work great in rubs. Keep us updated.

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

I picked some up a while back at an Asian store. To me, there wasn't much difference in taste from sugar.

I've been using honey powder in some rubs and as a dusting on ribs for a couple of years. Good stuff. Like any sugar it will burn under the right circumstances, so proceed accordingly.

I tried it and didn't think it did too much different for most rubs. Alone, or when mixed in a simple mixture (not buried under the flavor of many other things), then it has a noticable flavor distinct from regular sugar, but it is not really noticable in most rubs (in my opinion).

Not sure if that's the same stuff that's in SM Sweet Seduction or not? I thought it was honey flakes or something.

What IS granulated honey anyway? Just dried honey that's then ground up I'd guess?

I use it all the time on ribs. I like the flavor better than sugar.

Back