Found a PK-360! How to clean ?

Jersey BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So today I find a PK-360 with a cover sitting out by the curb with a note taped to it “Free”. I stop my truck and wheel it down the sidewalk to the job I’m working at and as the day goes by I disassemble it and load it up to go home.
Everything came right apart easily, and nothing seems corroded or bad. Coming from a beach front home I’m assuming this grill can’t be more than one season old.
Ok so after all that my question is - How can I clean up the shell of this thing to look like new ? It’s the aluminum color not black. One area is grease stained and some smoke staining around the vents on lid. Simple green and a power washer ?
I can post some pics later if I can remember how. It’s been a while -
Thanks for any advice -
Jeff

Not sure how to clean it but finding a free $800 grill and cover sitting on the curb is the score of the year for sure. Congrats.

kVDI07R.jpg

Wow, someone has more money than brains!

Congrats on a fun and versatile cooker.

Great question about cleaning, I have nothing that is effective at cleaning the gray PK360. Interested in the responses. My paint is also flaking off the lid and do not want to make it worse with the wrong cleaner.

I seem to remember that Simple Green can cause a reaction with aluminum, so I would hold off on using that. I'd also not use a power washer on it as it just seems like you could strip parts of the aluminum and end up with unintended stripes. I would try a more mild cleaner like dawn dishwashing liquid (Platinum), try to let it soak and brush out the stains.

I've taken mine to the car wash and given it a bath with no ill effects. Little elbow grease and you'll have it looking brand new. Very jealous of this awesome find.

Eagle One etching aluminum wheel cleaner will get it clean, but don't get it on anything that isn't bare aluminum. I'd also wash it well with Dawn before using.

-OR-

Give it a good wash with Dawn and not worry about the stains. It's meant to be used.

That's crazy would love to see a picture. Any damage? Can't imagine throwing away an 800 dollar grill. Assuming it's not damaged you'll love it they are great. I would just clean it up the best you can and use the heck out of it.

Spectacular find for sure! Can't wait to see the before and after pics

So does this site still require a photo hosting site to add pics to a thread ? Been a while since I’ve posted pics and remember something like that was required. What’s the best place to do that if that’s the case ? I would like to show you all some pics of this PK360 I found -

So does this site still require a photo hosting site to add pics to a thread ? Been a while since I’ve posted pics and remember something like that was required. What’s the best place to do that if that’s the case ? I would like to show you all some pics of this PK360 I found -

I use postimages - https://postimages.org/

It works good and it's free!

No, this site has never required a photo hosting site. You can add pictures as attachments without a photo hosting site. But, using a photo hosting site gives you more flexibility.

Step by step instructions for using attachments and several popular photo hosting sites are int the techie section of the forum in this thread...

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222929

I would just clean it the best you can and use it. The aluminum color is hard to keep clean. I just wipe mine down occasionally but it still isn't perfectly clean and I don't expect it to be since it's a grill.

Congratulations on a great score.

I would just clean it the best you can and use it. The aluminum color is hard to keep clean. I just wipe mine down occasionally but it still isn't perfectly clean and I don't expect it to be since it's a grill.

Congratulations on a great score.

there is a youtube guy that owns several grills, all are kept in like new condition even though he cooks on them

It's impressive, but i'm not entirely sure the worth the effort

there is a youtube guy that owns several grills, all are kept in like new condition even though he cooks on them

It's impressive, but i'm not entirely sure the worth the effort

Yes, I see people who are obsessive about trying to keep them clean but it's not worth it to me.

So the first pic shows the staining I was hoping to clean off. Tough getting all the pics on using that site on my phone ! But at least you can see it. Everything is there and nothing broken.

Back