MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
marvinkosher
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default Long Island Kosher BBQ Championship June 9, 2013

The Long Island Kosher BBQ Championship will be held in Westbury, LI on June 9th, 2013. After a great start last year (See the current issue of Smoke Signals pg 32 for a super overview) this year will have room for 30 teams with additional categories. It is Kosher so there are plenty of restrictions but it offers an absolutely level playing field. For complete information www.likosherbbq.org
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 T-Shirt Logo .pdf (2.73 MB, 32 views)
marvinkosher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
motoeric
Babbling Farker

For those that weren't able to stop by last year, I had the pleasure of competing at this event. I can confidently state that it was the best first year event I've ever seen. It was incredibly well organized, lots of staff, great judges, well attended, a good amount of media and most importantly, lots of fun.

Phil came down and I'm sure that he would agree with my assessment.

The judging was handled by Jerry and Linda Mullane, so you can be comfortable with that aspect as well.

They are adding a chicken category this year, so it will be chicken, beef ribs, beans and brisket. In addition, they also have awards for best booth and best team name.

I'll be back this year and I hope to see other Brethren teams as well.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
marvinkosher

Default LI Kosher BBQ Championship - June 9th 2013 - Westbury, LI

Team registration for the 2nd LI Kosher BBQ Championship is now open.
Besides a BBQ Championship we have a full day of festivites for the entire family.
Check it out www.likosherbbq.org

Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Anybody have any suggestions on Kosher apps that our team can make for the public? We can do smoked pigs in a blanket w/ kosher hot dogs. Maybe stuffed peppers w/ rice and pulled chicken?

There really is a big party atmosphere at this event. Very friendly, very family oriented. If you are in the area, either compete or come down and say 'hi'.

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #5
marvinkosher

The LI Kosher BBQ Championship raises funds for various Hunger Relief Organizations across Long Island. Long Island Cares, "The INN", Hazilu, RockCanRoll are among those receiving funds.
June 9th in Westbury.
Open slots still available.
All details here: www.likosherbbq.org

Thanks from:--->

Tags
Beans, beef ribs, brisket, kashrut, kosher, Long Island, smoke signals