Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Good Deal.

It will make some killer, if expensive, ground beef!

One thing that has not been mentioned is the full use of brisket other than sandwiches or plates.

Mrs Kapn is the "Brisket Queen".
She uses brisket anywhere that beef is called for with fantastic results.
Stews, chilie, shepard's pie, and on and on.
Elevates all the recipies to a new level.

TIM

This.

Chuck roast are way better than brisket...

After cooking a few briskets, I personally enjoy chuck roasts more because it doesn't take 12 hours to cook :thumb: but any kind of beef is good imo! To me pulled pork is overrated.

Just curious why you think that?
I do think it's a easy meat, hard to screw up. Is this why?

Alot of meat compared to bark. I just find a lack of meat flavor compared to the other bbq meat or pork in general. Yes the cost is a plus as i can think of no cheap bbq meat (what yiu pay vs how much you get). Im ean yea it tastes good sprinkled in rub and doused in sauce.

I also dont care nmuch for pork loin.

Whats funny is blade steaks are one of my favorite meals and its made from the butt, the go to pulled pork cut.

• Thanks
Reactions: COS
Prime grade brisket is $2.29 a pound a Costco, so I'm liking brisket lately. I like it anyway, but I really like it at that price.

Liver takes on smoke well.

I do a bacon wrapped chicken liver that folks love, even if they do not normally like liver. :-D

To each his own.

TIM

I've been doing that for years and a lot of people who don't even LIKE liver eat it if you can get them to try it. It's even better cold which sounds gross but it's really good. :thumb:Cool2

Back