Sam's Downsizing Kingsford Bags?

Fat Woody

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A week ago I stopped into the Sam's closest to our house and they had the usual K-blue 23# bundle of two for $16.68; yesterday at another Sam's it was two 20# bags for the same price. Anyone else seeing this?

About like Royal Oak and their 8.8lb bags instead of 10lbs....

Not that I use it, but I also noticed that the Mesquite Lump that they sell is no longer a 40# bag. Not sure if the price came down.

Yup noticed it too this week!! I stopped and and they had one section with 2x23 and a end cap with 2x20 for the same price... I can't wait til Home Depot has there spring Labor Day sale. So I can stock up !!!

Weights and volumes will go down as the cost to ship goes up. Makes sense, but it sure stinks.

More and more companies will be doing this due to gas prices. Their prices go up and to keep from raising prices, they short change us consumers.

I'm still over stocked from the HD and Lowes holiday sales from last summer. I plan to keep buying them during those sales and never buying full price again. :-D

Its a doubble whammy used by many business, shrink the bag weight and increase the price. That way, there is not so much "sticker shock" to the consumer. think of it this way, the company is saving money on smaller bags (more profit) they also increase the cost of said bag (profit) nuff said.

Not that I use it, but I also noticed that the Mesquite Lump that they sell is no longer a 40# bag. Not sure if the price came down.
Yeah, that stuff is no longer a bargain.:mmph: It is overpriced now, especially for the volume of fines.

My local Wallyworld stopped selling RO Lump over the winter and when I saw it in there again the other day it was the same price as last fall but 8.8 pounds versus 10 pounds. RD had a smoking deal on RO Lump in the 17.x pound bags but it seems that has gone way higher in price also.

Looks like the cost of cooking outside is going up.

Back