Spicy Sweet Juicy Thai Chicken Breasts - Pron & Recipe Included!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I don't often cook chicken breasts, but when I do, this is one of my favorite go to recipes I concocted a few years back. I marinate boneless breasts in a mixture of basil, mint, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, & brown sugar. After the meat has marinated all day or overnight, I grill the breasts over hot coals till just done, and serve. The flavor of this marinade is amazing - a perfect combination or sweet, spicy, and savory.

The challenge with grilling chicken breasts breasts is it's easy to overcook them. By pounding the breasts a bit, which evens out the cooking surface of the meat, and monitoring the temp while they're cooking, they come out moist & delicious.

Here's how I do it:

Skinless breasts ready to go:

IMG_3772.jpg

ready to flatten between two pieces of plastic wrap:

IMG_3773.jpg

IMG_3774.jpg

Once all the breasts have been evenly flattened, I assemble the marinade ingredients:

IMG_3775.jpg

Then, I blend them thoroughly in the food processor:

IMG_3777.jpg

After this, I put the meat in a ziploc with the marinade to absorb the green goodness all day long in the fridge:

IMG_3778.jpg

After marinating for 8 hours, I fired up the Kingsford Oval for indirect, and put the meat on the cool side:

IMG_3779.jpg

After about 5 mins, I turned the meat:

IMG_3783.jpg

Finally, onto the hot side for a nice hot sear:

IMG_3785.jpg

I carefully monitored the temp of each breast so it was about 160 degrees when I pulled and then plated. This is how they came out:

IMG_3787.jpg

Recipe:

[FONT=&quot]Spicy-Sweet Thai grilled Chicken Breasts[/FONT]

1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/8 cup white wine
1 1/2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1 jalapeno chili, stemmed, chopped (If you like hotter, include ribs and seeds)

6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/2 pounds total)

Pound each breast lightly between two sheets of plastic wrap until evenly flattened.

Combine first 11 ingredients in processor. Process until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.

Place chicken in a zip lock bag, and pour marinade over chicken and make sure all sides of chicken are coated with the marinade mixture. Chill at least 4 hours, even better, overnight.

Remove chicken from fridge, and allow to come up to room temperature. Then, prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill chicken indirect over hot coals for about 3-5 minutes per side, and then finish chicken on hot side for about 2 mins a side, until internal temp reaches 160 degrees. Let chicken rest 5 additional minutes before serving.

Transfer to plates and serve.

Nice, I like all the fresh herbs

Thanks for the recipe!
It seems that you've cleaned the "well seasoned" grate in the middle a bit...no? ;)
I like the Phresh herbs as well.

You're one I always make sure to read. I'd love to try this.

Thanks for the recipe!
It seems that you've cleaned the "well seasoned" grate in the middle a bit...no? ;)
I like the Phresh herbs as well.

You JUST had to say that, didn't you, Phu? :boxing: :heh:

Looks awesome Moose...thanks for sharing. This will be on the agenda very soon.

Looks good Moose, Gonna add that one to the must try! Thanks.

Looks excellent Moose! The ingredients sound sooo tasty, I'm adding this to my to-do list.. Thanks!

Great looking chicken, ingredients sound fantastic! BTW, ain't even near tired of your tacos, burritos, and nachos:-D.

Excellent looking food. I will be trying this. And just pour me a shot of that "nam pla". That stuff makes the world go round.

looks good... and do not expect a posting of some sexy spicy sweet Thai breasts from the downtown massage joint either.

Back