Any Response to Smokin at the Ballpark?

deez butts

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone else sent in an application to Smokin at the Ballpark in OOB Maine? I mailed an application a while back and have had no response from them. I also noticed they had not cashed the check. I then went on to email the person listed as the contact and have not had any response to the email as well.

I emailed Sharri with a few questions and never heard back from her. I followed up a week later with a phone call and was able to speak with her and get my questions answered. I would recommend giving her a call.

Has anyone else sent in an application to Smokin at the Ballpark in OOB Maine? I mailed an application a while back and have had no response from them. I also noticed they had not cashed the check. I then went on to email the person listed as the contact and have not had any response to the email as well.

Same here. Need to see if check was cashed but no response to my emails and no info on the event yet

Same story here.

Check not cashed as of this morning...........but I am ok with that as long as I am still in. :mrgreen:

Check still not cashed, emails still not answered and two phone calls not returned. Now I'm starting to get stressed about this.

These issues and many others from the first 2 contests the organizer ran is a big decision in why I'm not sad that I won't be there this year. But I'll gladly come up and toss a few back and say hi to old friends if it does in fact happen.

Same story here.

Check not cashed as of this morning...........but I am ok with that as long as I am still in. :mrgreen:

No, you should not go. Why take a chance and spoil your record of winning every contest you enter this year? :becky:

On a more serious note, they did cash our check.

Wow, comp BBQers have short memories. :razz:

Well, I didn't go the first year when it got flooded out, the second year wasn't that bad. This year it's supposed to be in the field and not under the eaves of the stadium. At least they didn't fine me for anything. :becky:

Competed at the first two and finally bought some boots as a result of the fine weather we had! Not competing this time around, but sent in an application to judge and got a speedy reply from Shari. Maybe a phone call to allay your fears?

Just a side note regarding judging. I promise there will NO coolers by my seat for take away.

Just put a stop payment on the check. No response to phone calls or emails, I'm out.

I just spoke to Sharri and she said that everything was still a go and that she will be sending out an email to all the teams later today or more likely tomorrow.

The reason for some checks being cashed and others not was due to the Treasurer being out the last couple of weeks.

Got a response about 5 mins after I sent email telling them I put a stop on the check. The email said she thought she had returned my call and I can still go. Funny how after multiple calls and emails I don't get a response until I tell them I put a stop on the check and then it only takes 5 mins for a response.

Got a response about 5 mins after I sent email telling them I put a stop on the check. The email said she thought she had returned my call and I can still go. Funny how after multiple calls and emails I don't get a response until I tell them I put a stop on the check and then it only takes 5 mins for a response.

A coincidence, I am sure. :rolleyes:

I did not read this thread before I emailed today.

Got a response. They are up to 22 teams. My check was cashed months ago.

Back