Venison Backstrap With Wild Plum Sauce

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Another camp breakfast..
I brought some white tail backstrap steaks from rifle season with me.
yu6wlZ3.jpg

jBoD9Hv.jpg

Stopped along the way to pick some fresh sandhill plums..

N1Hb1iQ.jpg

Also brought some of my sandhill plum jelly..

5MbESSk.jpg

Started a skillet of hashbrowns and the plums sauce first..

t7RWsq1.jpg

E2oCrJn.jpg

Seasoned up the backstrap steaks with coarse salt and cracked black pepper..

5x9IVpU.jpg

Tossed them, and some duck eggs from home, onto the fire...
sliced the jalapenos for the sauce and added some of my plum jelly to the mix.

hZPRqFX.jpg

I like venison med rare, so they cook almost faster than the eggs.

E9Kq7UV.jpg

jtbvKjn.jpg

4GqN0Te.jpg

DZOglFy.jpg

xirIDk4.jpg

YlHhjzN.jpg

8ELmGsp.jpg

A whitetail backstrap, cayuga duck egg, plum sauce breakfast at the lake.

tznO1Sg.jpg

I've made this before, but it's one of my favorite breakfasts. The wild plums and venison seem to go together well,

4JHe2wY.jpg

Nothing fancy but it tasted good at the time.
Thanks for looking!

Your camping breakfasts are better than my home breakfasts! Always a delight to see (still envious of the not-so-flatware) Have a fun trip!

Outstanding, Jeanie. What to me would be a somewhat exotic assortment of ingredients you prepare as if they were from your local supermarket. It all looks delicious.

Your posts are always a feast for the eyes. And for the soul in these difficult times, such a serene location. Thank you for sharing and stay safe.

-Dom

Hi LadyJ! As always, your food looks inspiring and amazing! I hope you're doing well (it sure looks like it!) :-D

Looks great, I aint found a wild plumb tree in a lot of years, use to find them where they spread down roads by old home places, reckon most get bush hogged or weed eated these days

Nothing fancy but it tasted good at the time.
Thanks for looking!

Guess we have different definitions of fancy but that sure looks like a mighty fine breakfast to me.

Can't seem to do anything but chicken fry backstraps here (not that I'm complaining about that).

Hard to beat a backstrap...

Those plums really bring back great memories. My mom made the best plum jelly. We go down to the river and pick plums with her as kids... She passed away a few years ago. We had an "inventory" of plum jelly which is now gone...

Keep up the good cooking' and livin'.

That looks amazing like always!! I love all your camping cooks....oh heck I love all camping or not of your cooks. I’ll say this....if my wife cooked like you I’d need new pants weekly!! Haha

On a second note..sad to see your fishing hole covered with phragmites!!! That stuff is BAD up here in Indiana to and ruining lake after lake. Beach after beach!!

Your camping breakfasts are better than my home breakfasts! Always a delight to see (still envious of the not-so-flatware) Have a fun trip!
Very kind of you Justin, thanks! Hope you all are doing well! Keep safe!

Outstanding, Jeanie. What to me would be a somewhat exotic assortment of ingredients you prepare as if they were from your local supermarket. It all looks delicious.

Your posts are always a feast for the eyes. And for the soul in these difficult times, such a serene location. Thank you for sharing and stay safe.

-Dom
Thanks so much, Dom! It's nice to be able to use the stuff I find locally.
I hope you and family are doing well and staying safe too.

Great post! Looks amazing!
Thank you Kanco! :grin:

Hi LadyJ! As always, your food looks inspiring and amazing! I hope you're doing well (it sure looks like it!) :-D
Nice to see you Chris! Thanks so much for the kind comment. :grin:

Jeanie, awesome looking meal. Backstrap is probably my father's favorite part of the deer.

Thank you Joedy! Glad to hear your father is a fan too! :grin:

Another 5 star breakfast Jeanie. How's the fishing.
Thanks Marty! The fishing was ok, not the best, but I didn't go home empty handed. :grin:

Looks great, I aint found a wild plumb tree in a lot of years, use to find them where they spread down roads by old home places, reckon most get bush hogged or weed eated these days

Thanks Mike! Shoot, sorry to hear! I bet you're right about the brush hogs.
They're still thick around here. I like to take advantage of them and stock up for wine and jelly. Hope you are doing well and keeping safe!

Looks wonderful
Thank you Shiz! :grin:

That looks fantastic. Smoking a rack of venison this weekend.
Sounds great! Hope you take pics for us! Thanks! :grin:

Ah! The life. Nice spread.

Thank you George! It's nice and peaceful out there. :-D

Back