Undercabinet Knife Block

timzcardz

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was looking for a knife block that wouldn't take up too much countertop space. I ended up with one from Wusthof that I am very happy with and takes up zero countertop space.

It mounts under the cabinet and swivel out when I need to use it, and convenietly swivels back under the cabinet when I don't.

The block is also magnetic so the knives don't fly out when you swing the block.

WusthofBlock1.jpg

WusthofBlock2.jpg

I would certainly say that takes up zero counter space. Looks nice.

I've been considering one myself. Actually 2 of them. Mine that nobody can use and one for the house knives. Everytime there is a gathering at my house, I find a pile of knives in the sink.:mad: The wife knows better, but the rest of the inlaws I have to worry about.

Thanks for posting. That is a great idea. Might have to build a couple of those this winter. Is it free swiveling or is there some sort of catch?

Paul

I've been considering one myself. Actually 2 of them. Mine that nobody can use and one for the house knives. Everytime there is a gathering at my house, I find a pile of knives in the sink.:mad: The wife knows better, but the rest of the inlaws I have to worry about.

I know what you mean, I found one of mine in dishwasher during Thanksgiving.

Where did you find that, i want one?

those are nice..ive had one for about 10 years ..

Thanks for posting. That is a great idea. Might have to build a couple of those this winter. Is it free swiveling or is there some sort of catch?

Paul

No catch. Swivels freely, but not so freely that it would do so on its own.

I got it from Cooks Plus through Amazon. They don't seem to have have it on Amazon or on their own site anymore, but another seller does: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000631ZH

Note though that the second picture on amazon shows the knife in the wrong end of teh block! When mouting it to be flush with the face of cabinet when knives are presented, it then recesses back behind the front of the cabinet when swiveled if the knives are oppsite the swivel. The way it is shown in the picture you would still end up with the block at the face of the cabinet.

Great idea! Trouble is, I have no under counter space that is not consumed with filled up cabinets!

Great product. Anything that gives more counter space is a good thing. Thanks for the idea.

Wüsthof Under-Cabinet-Swinger Knife Storage Block
Take note Timecardz a Swinger!

I like it. The block that is.

Back