brisket for 150

liv4jpn

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have a question on amount and pricing. I was asked to supply brisket to a wedding party of 150 guests. Does anyone have suggestions based on your experiences? They want a price for me to supply meat,smoke,and deliver sliced.

Will they be eating sandwiches or plating it and eating the meat only? I'd ask them and if they are eating sandwiches I'd tell them the price is based off of X oz if for me would be 5oz per person for sandwiches and then tell them if they think they will have people that will eat more then they can simply give you a larger head count. Say they are feeding 100 people then they may want to order for 120 people but make it clear they are responsible for portion control.

Hi, I hope this helps. I charge $18 per pound for brisket and that does not include buns or sauce. 5-7 ounces per person, depending on your group and $35 for delivery. I also try to figure out what the very latest I can slice the brisket will be so it doesn't get dry. Sometimes I'll even wait to slice the brisket on site after I deliver it.

Bootheels pricing would equate to roughly $6 per person and is a fair price without buns etc. I don't recommend you figuring how that the customer needs to order because if they run out they may blame you. This is why I tel them the price is based on $6 (above price) per person and is figured on 5oz pp ler them decide if they want to order for a higher or exact head count. It does not leave you open to the blame.

Thank you for the info looks like I need a little more info from them so will get on track may b more questions later

Back