• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KJ = Wicked Good??

Uncle JJ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Went to Ace yesterday, and asked for the Wicked Good lump. They said Kamado Joe bought Wicked. Told me the KJ is now the same as the old Wicked. Has anyone heard this before? Not sure if I'm getting BS'd by the ACE folks....

Went to Ace yesterday, and asked for the Wicked Good lump. They said Kamado Joe bought Wicked. Told me the KJ is now the same as the old Wicked. Has anyone heard this before? Not sure if I'm getting BS'd by the ACE folks....
So is Wicked Good still available at Ace?

Well, they do sell the KJ, which is supposedly Wicked, so I guess the answer is yes. But it doesn't say Wicked on the bag.

Wicked Good is no longer available for stores to get from their distibution warehouses. I picked up the last 4 bags from my local ACE and the manager saw that I had them. He told me that they are no longer going to carry Wicked Good but carry Kamado Joe.

Brethren JMSeltzer does a bunch of reviews on his Kamado Joe cookers and has a really good relationship with the company. He has confirmed that Kamado Joe has the same suppliers as Wicked Good for their lump charcoal.

Once I am running low on charcoal I plan picking up a bag of Kamado Joe Lump to give it a side by side comparison to Wicked Good.

Wicked Good is no longer available for stores to get from their distibution warehouses. I picked up the last 4 bags from my local ACE and the manager saw that I had them. He told me that they are no longer going to carry Wicked Good but carry Kamado Joe.

Brethren JMSeltzer does a bunch of reviews on his Kamado Joe cookers and has a really good relationship with the company. He has confirmed that Kamado Joe has the same suppliers as Wicked Good for their lump charcoal.

Once I am running low on charcoal I plan picking up a bag of Kamado Joe Lump to give it a side by side comparison to Wicked Good.
That's "wicked good" to know!:laugh: I wonder if pricing will be about the same?

Thank god! Every GC and 1st place finish was cooked on wicked good this year. Our last Cookoff we couldn't get any so u just used b&b, WHAMBOOM nothing. Gotta blame gettin my ass kicked on something lol

Honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the KJ lump I got with my grill. I got 5 bags free with my grill and I still have 3 left. The pieces were huge, biggest was 11" long. The other bag looked like straight ash. I started using RO then switched to Cowboy. Best I have used so far.

Back