top round roast, eye of round or top sirloin

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am either going to roast a top round roast, eye of round or top sirloin and i am not sure which one to roast.

I want it to be tasty but not livery! i do not like liver. haha.

i have had eye of round and it is good but i have never had the other two. is one of those better than the other?

thanks

Do you feel any of those roasts would have that irony taste of liver?

None of them will. I have an eye of round in the oven now. Should be ready around 11pm. I'm just gonna refrigerate it so that tomorrow I can slice & freeze portions for sandwiches later.

The "rounds" are good cooked rare then refrigerated and sliced thin for sandwiches. You can also cure them and make pastrami. Otherwise, I don't really care for them at all. If you want a traditional roast, the sirloin is the best option of the three you give.

Do you feel any of those roasts would have that irony taste of liver?

None of them will. I have an eye of round in the oven now. Should be ready around 11pm. I'm just gonna refrigerate it so that tomorrow I can slice & freeze portions for sandwiches later.

well, i have had bad experiences in the past with meat tasting like liver. so i worry bout that.

this is for a dinner with yorkshire pudding and baked brie. lol.

thanks guys

well, i have had bad experiences in the past with meat tasting like liver. so i worry bout that.

this is for a dinner with yorkshire pudding and baked brie. lol.

thanks guys

I know exactly what you mean about meat tasting like liver. Usually this happens at weddings and other occasions when they take a decent piece of meat and overcook it. A filet mignon will take on this quality especially if it is overcooked. Do not overcook.

@ Cook and Gore. Yeah im not a liver fan either. Good to know it was about it being over cooked. Also i think some meats are not ment to be grilled unless marinated first.

Cook, trust me, you dont want to expeirience it. haha. i took a cheap cut of steak, i think it was a blade steak, did not marinate it and it was tough and had that dreaded liver flavor. took me 3 weeks to like steak again.

im going to the store to see what i can find in the 3lb range for a roast tonight. gonna roast over lump. just the smoke the lump gives off, no extra

Back