• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Comp meat source

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I found a new source for our comp ribs. We'll be ordering from D'Artagnan meats. www.dartagnan.com They sell organic meats and have very good shipping rates. Like I said I'm ordering our spare ribs from them, but I see that they also have waygu beef. Also duck, chicken, etc for just regular grilling needs. I'll be getting my first ribs from them tomorrow (ordered yesterday)Just thought I'd share this with my fellow Brethren.
Keith

Curious to see how they turn out. $60 for two racks? Please post a review of them!

Wow that is a pretty penny for ribs. Definitely let us know how they turn out. I know Berkshire can be expensive and wonder if it is noticeably different.

Ouch...they better. Be some really sweet ribs for that price. Interested what they will look like.

No shoulder or brisket though, guess they haven't discovered BBQ clients yet.

No shoulder or brisket though, guess they haven't discovered BBQ clients yet.
They do have boneless butts and brisket flats. They aren't on the site, but if you contact them they have them. Those were two questions I asked them. I haven't asked yet to see if they have chicken thighs,

• Thanks
Reactions: bam
Sounds like a waste of money to me. It's all about how you cook. I buy comp meat from Walmart.
m

I'm not saying I would pay 60 bucks for two racks of ribs but I can tell you it aint ALL about the cook. Good meat vs. okay meat IS the difference between getting your name called and not being called all other being equal.

Thanks for the K Train

m

I'm not saying I would pay 60 bucks for two racks of ribs but I can tell you it aint ALL about the cook. Good meat vs. okay meat IS the difference between getting your name called and not being called all other being equal.

Thanks for the K Train

Damn right! Thanks for sharing K Train!

It's $45 for 4 racks at RD and I got to go get them and dig through pack after to pack to find some that aren't wrecked. $60 for 2 rack if they are solid is not that bad. Meat aint the place to pinch pennies.

Got two racks today, got two more on the way. The one's I got today look pretty solid. Good marbling and fairly straight bones. Got a comp next weekend so I'll report back on how they cook.

I have never been disappointed in their meats, anything I have had has been very good.

One of the great by products of being close to the Hudson Valley Foie Gras farm is I can usually find their duck breasts at the local supermarket.

Say what you want. I got 3 checks at my last comp with Walmart meat.

Dude, that's awesome. I really mean that. If it works, great. I have also walked with meat from a grocery store. If you don't care about a post why interject to be negative? I was simply posting to share for those interested. You're not so move on

Back