Confused by the Pork Spare Ribs I got from Sams Club

That's why it's a smaller pack than most of us see at Sam's.... the darn things have been REDUCED. Modern technology is something ain't it??

All I got some bone in pork spare ribs from Sams Club. On one side it looks completely normal but it looks like there is another rack on the other side. Pretty sure it is another rack but I just wanted to get yall's opinion.

Front Side:
bXmEQqU.png

Back Side:
aH0LCzf.png
You should have got the boneless ones

Ok all here is the label confirming pork loin back ribs... Given that these take a shorter time to cook would you recommend a 2-2-1?

My favorite part that I never noticed is the "200% satisfaction guaranteed".

KQ7AOA8.png

With Sam's or with Costco - they usually come in 3 packs. Just be careful and look them over. The last 3 times I've bought them from Costco, the 2 outside racks were great. They put a rack in the middle that had super thick bones and little meat. So swapped over to Sam's Club. Did 2 three packs from them with the same issue.

With Sam's or with Costco - they usually come in 3 packs. Just be careful and look them over. The last 3 times I've bought them from Costco, the 2 outside racks were great. They put a rack in the middle that had super thick bones and little meat. So swapped over to Sam's Club. Did 2 three packs from them with the same issue.

This is exactly why they pack them in 3's IMO, easy to hide the less desirable product in the middle.

Ok all here is the label confirming pork loin back ribs... Given that these take a shorter time to cook would you recommend a 2-2-1?

Depends on cook temp. For me I cook loin backs at 260 - 270 for 2.5-1.5-til done depending on the size of the rack.

My favorite part that I never noticed is the "200% satisfaction guaranteed".

Mileage may always vary and definitely worth searching and reading, but my experience is that loin/baby backs 2 hours foiled will produce mushy ribs. Baby Backs usually are closer to a 4 hour total cook than 5. I'd give them 2 hours of smoke, wrap 'em and check them after an hour. If you're seeing a lot of bone or they probe with no resistance then it's time for finishing. If they're not ready yet then I'd re-wrap 'em and check them 30 minutes later.

Really hard to give definitives because it depends on how steady your temps are, what temps you're using (I'm typically 225 on the grate) and MOST importantly... how you like your ribs!

Them aint Spares them are Back Bones Amigo. 275 unfoild for 3-3.5 hrs or whenever they pass the bend test.

Those are definitely LOIN BACK ribs. Too large to be baby backs.

Just to clear up any confusion created by the above statement. Baby back ribs are tiny loin back ribs, typically less than 1.75lbs per rack. Same cut, smaller pig.

Back