MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
bob n humble
Knows what a fatty is.

Default 4th Annual Humble Lions Club cookoff June 1st & 2nd 2007

Will be held at VFW Post 10352, 16035 Waverly Rd. Houston Tx.77032. This is a Texas Gulf Coast BBQ Cookers Assoc. sanctioned event. Entry fee is $100 Chicken,Pork Spare Ribs, Beef Brisket. $10 for the Open Catagory (no desserts) Must be done on Pit/Grill. $10 for Rib Eye Steak. also must be done on Pit or Charcaol Grill. All forms can be downloaded from either www.tgcbca.org or www.humblelionsclub.com. You can also email me at [email protected].
Bob Blankenship
Vice President/BBQ Chairman
Humble Lions Club.
bob n humble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
bob n humble
Knows what a fatty is.

Got home earlier this afternoon from the VFW after the the final clean up and just wanted to say THANKS to everybody for the job you did cleaning up your spaces. Sure made it easier on me to pick up the trash.
Hope everyone had a good cookoff. Looking forward to seeing ya next year. We had a couple 1st. Had my first back to back Grand Champion in We Be Smokins Don Canterbury. Also Cameo Cookers hit 1st place Ribs for the 3rd year in a row. Had our 1st Rib Eye entry. I think it went over well. We had 12 of 21 enter. I got to be one of the judges. Let me tell ya there were some real good steaks cooked yesterday. This is the 1st cookoff in the points chase for Cooker of the Year as well.
We will be sending out comment cards in the next couple weeks to get your input on how we can make the cookoff better next year. Would sure appreciate you filling them out and sending them back. Also got some picture if I can get them posted
Again congrats to all that cooked and got to make the walk. A cookoff only as good as the teams that show up to cook. The full results will be posted on www.tgcbca.org soon. Once more on behalf of the Humble LIons Club & the VFW Post 10352 THANKS for your support.
www.humblelionsclub.com
Bob & Jill
bob n humble is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
Dustaway
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks Bob and Jill for a great cook off didn't do as well as I hoped but a 10 in open 8th in ribs and 8th in rib eye

Thanks
Dustaway
22" WSM
Backwoods Chubby

"Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance."
Anthony J. D'Angelo
Dustaway is offline   Reply With Quote