Thanksgiving Dinner for my Inlaws....Ideas

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My Inlaws are in there mid 80's and don't cook. So my wife and I makeup different dishes in small loaf pans for them throughout the year. For Thanksgiving we go by my Brother and I make them up a special dinner that they can heat up when they are ready to eat. My FIL doesn't like turkey, but enjoys the sides. So I thought this year I would grill a small tenderloin, slice and place it in a small loaf pan with mushrooms and gravy for a later reheat. I'm also going to include sweet potato casserole, stuffing and pumpkin pie. What do you folks think on my idea for the tenderloin. Looking for some ideas here.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to ALL

When you say tenderloin do you mean beef tenderloin or pork tenderloin? I think the pork tenderloin is a great substitute to turkey. It goes well with the traditional thanksgiving flavors of cranberry and pumpkin style sides.

Actually I was thinking of Beef. But now that you mention is Pork would really work as well. Thanks

Well you don't need any suggestions from me - sounds like you're on a good track. I'm just trying to figure out how to con you into bringing some of that over to my spot. :hungry:

First of all I think you one hell of a man to do that for them and I know that it will be well received. I'm doing in Pork loin this year.

Great work, and I echo Bludawg for sure. Unless there is some special dish that you know he really loves and doesn't get often, it sounds like you are already on the right track!

Think I'm going to pan sear some pork tenderloins in EVOO and then grill to about 145*. I will use the juices to make a pork gravy with shallots and ****ake mushroom. I'll cut the tenderloins in 1" thick slices and put them in a small loaf pan and cover with gravy. This along with some homemade sweet tater casserole, stuffing and some ho-made pumpkin pie ought to do the trick. Oh and ho made bread of course. thanks for the insight folks. Well off to the store, lots of cooking to do today.

Unless you're tied to the turkey tradition, beef tenderloin is always an good answer. Thanksgiving doesn't have to mean turkey; I've got a Thanksgiving brisket on as we speak.

WOW...........That Pork Loin stuffed sounds great. I also like the Vacuum seal idea. Hey......I bet my FIL would pay for the sealer and I would fill the bags with food. Oh Yeah, this will work. I see a sealer in my future.

Try smoking the sweet potatoes until soft and make your casserole from there.
Got some great compliments on mine (added crumbled fattie to it) at our church harvest dinner.

Back