Your Favorite Seasoning Salt?

jpalaska

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've used Lawry's and Johnny's for years and have made blends of my own.
But I'm looking for something new to use on grilled beef, pork, seafood and poultry.
What's your favorite, off the shelf, choice?

thanks,
JP

My favorite by far is "Blazin' Blends Zesty Seasoned Salt", I get it at the "Dollar Tree". Unfortunately they don't have it right now, but when they do I stock up. I have Lowery's at home too, it pales in comparison.

SM Season All makes everything better. Period.

It's more of an all purpose seasoning rather than your typical season "salt".

Lawry's, Tony Chachere's and my new favorite-Tony Chachere's More Spice.

Tooney Cachereies and Slap Ya Momma aint season salts they are Cajun seasoning blends Totally different critter 'bout like sayin a Crocodile is an Alligator.

Chupacabra Rub by 2 Gringos, a San Antonio outfit.
I haven't brushed my teeth with it, but I have used it on a variety of meats, veggies, and even nuts.

Tooney Cachereies and Slap Ya Momma aint season salts they are Cajun seasoning blends Totally different critter 'bout like sayin a Crocodile is an Alligator.

Pretty much the same ingredients in all of em'...just sayin':-D

I don't understand the purpose of seasoning salt. It's mostly just salt. I buy big boxes of salt for a couple dollars. Then add my own seasonings.

I rarely use season salt, The only one I use though is Tony Chachere.
My girlfirend and I love to use "Special ****" as a more complete seasoning on just about everything.
I will only use kosher salt and black pepper on almost everything I smoke though.

I read several prior threads about the Simply Marvelous rubs. Wow, they got great reviews!
I ordered the 7 rub SM bundle from Big Poppa Smokers for $66, free shipping.
Thanks for all your terrific comments/advice,

JP

I read several prior threads about the Simply Marvelous rubs. Wow, they got great reviews!
I ordered the 7 rub SM bundle from Big Poppa Smokers for $66, free shipping.
Thanks for all your terrific comments/advice,

JP
I have been known to eat sweet seduction out of the container..

Back