• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stamford, CT.

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with a place in Stamford, right down the block from the World Wrestling Entertainment offices.

I was there a while back, but I remember the ribs being great and the sides just 'ok'.

Are they still around? Any good?

Thanks,

Eric

Do you mean the Cookhouse ?? http://www.thecookhouse.com/

It's not in Stamford, but I think Darien is only 5 miles away.

They have a great appetizer called Bunkie Meat Pies...

Bunkie Meat Pies $5.99 ( because we make fresh daily will only be offered as a special) Rob & Fat Tommy Used To Drive 30 Miles To A Trailer Where These Were Sold In Bunkie, La. Rob's First Food Fantasies Were About These Little Pies Filled With Beef, Pork, Hot Red Pepper & Other Good Stuff. Served With Cookhouse Jelly For Dipping.

Last edited:
Vinny, you think the same people across the table from you will be joining you there again?

No, this place was literally 1/2 a mile from the wrestling company. Down the hill and on the left.

Thanks though!

Eric

I can't think of the name of it but it was on the post road right of the exit to the left, I think it was red on the outside and it was like cafeteria style I believe (10+-yrs ago) was it called the barn or something like that (SmokeInDaEye might know). No idea if it is still there.

and the name is...

Smokey Joe's
cut their coupons from the clipper rag or download them
nancee

Wine & Swine said:
I can't think of the name of it but it was on the post road right of the exit to the left, I think it was red on the outside and it was like cafeteria style I believe (10+-yrs ago) was it called the barn or something like that (SmokeInDaEye might know). No idea if it is still there.

bad nite at the cookhouse

sad to say we got such horrible service from their little girly bartenders and swore I would never go back. We had about a dozen people with us which is our typical Cookhouse turnout and they treated us like crap.
nancee

MilitantSquatter said:
Do you mean the Cookhouse ?? http://www.thecookhouse.com/

It's not in Stamford, but I think Darien is only 5 miles away.

They have a great appetizer called Bunkie Meat Pies...

Bunkie Meat Pies $5.99 ( because we make fresh daily will only be offered as a special) Rob & Fat Tommy Used To Drive 30 Miles To A Trailer Where These Were Sold In Bunkie, La. Rob's First Food Fantasies Were About These Little Pies Filled With Beef, Pork, Hot Red Pepper & Other Good Stuff. Served With Cookhouse Jelly For Dipping.

I've been to the Cookhouse in New Milford. Billed as Connecticut's Best BBQ by Connecticut Magazine, year after year. Res ipsa loquitor.. let the buyer beware... It's not.

Save your money for Daisy May's!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Been to the Cookhouse in Branford. It's OK....I wasn't blown away by the food, and the place definitely has the feel of one of the large corporate chains. TGI Fridays meets BBQ.

Back